Are we really getting this lazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are some that have seating, but not a lot. Like Addie said, if they are close to something that would benefit having seating, they have them. But, they are mostly delivery stores.

CD

We have a big problem here with drug addicts. They like to hang out at McDonalds. Burger King, Dunkin Doughnuts, etc. Places where there is seating. They use the bathrooms to shoot up. And when it is extremely hot outside or cold, it is a place to stay. As long as they make a purchase, the law says they management cannot evict them. Most of them don't even have enough money to buy their next fix. So a lot of these places have removed some of the tables. Kept just enough to seat their regulars.

Burger King solved their problem real quick. They told the junkies that if you overdose in here, we will just move you out of the way and let you die. Very effective. BK no longer has a problem with them.

With household members out of the house, this phone alert sounds like a good idea to me.

On the other hand, when I had kids living at home, they knew they had better be at the table at 6:00pm sharp or dinner for them would be cold, and no microwave. :ermm: Times change.

These days we like Domino's a lot. Our favorite is their special Hawaiian..
ham/bacon/pineapple/red bell pepper and provolone. Darn good!

Same here. Only our time was five p.m. But they had to be home at 4:30. The each had a job to do. Set the table, put the table cloth on, etc.

Domino's Pizza has a new offering. If you should order a large pizza for your evening meal, they will email the members of your family or whoever you want with the message, "Dinner's Ready" when the pizza comes out of the oven and on the way home.

Good grief! Can't the person who goes to get it, or when the doorbell rings, have a member of the family call that out themselves? Has every member of the household lost their voice?
So, then they have your email address and can pester you every 5 minutes with "Special Offers" and pass your details on to other companies "You might be interested in".

So, then they have your email address and can pester you every 5 minutes with "Special Offers" and pass your details on to other companies "You might be interested in".

Good point. They also have the emails of family members.

I don't care for dominoes. I prefer Papa John's BTW you can now for a limited time in select locations purchase Papa John's garlic dipping butter by the gallon!

And their secondary is likely selling email addresses and phone numbers

Exactly!

I can't imagine this is a burning need. Where are all these people going to be that they will drop everything and run home for pizza? Are they with their friends? In another room in the same house?

I don't care for dominoes. I prefer Papa John's BTW you can now for a limited time in select locations purchase Papa John's garlic dipping butter by the gallon!

Unfortunately, I live in a city where there is an Italian Pizza place on almost every corner. The only chain here, and not to many of them, is Domino's. I guess I will have to make my own garlic infused melted butter.

Wow, a gallon? I like how Papa Johns doesn't charge you an extra $0.69 for garlic dipping sauce like Dominos does. Papa John adding a jalapeno in each pizza box is also nice. Both stores are nearby, so I order from whichever has the better deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom