Are we really getting this lazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
Domino's Pizza has a new offering. If you should order a large pizza for your evening meal, they will email the members of your family or whoever you want with the message, "Dinner's Ready" when the pizza comes out of the oven and on the way home.

Good grief! Can't the person who goes to get it, or when the doorbell rings, have a member of the family call that out themselves? Has every member of the household lost their voice?

They must be doing something right. Every time I ride by the one close to my home, there are also a lot of customers in there. But then since it is only a door or two away from an Academy for teenagers, I shouldn't be surprised. I often see the kids in there for lunch. But who is telling them that their meal is ready?

Over here Dominos pizzas are pretty dire. I pass the nearest Dominos to me at various times of the day and evening and there's never any customers in there.

I like technology.
I do, too. I just bought a new Ford Escape. When it synced with my phone, the Domino's app was installed in my car. So I can order a pizza by talking to my car [emoji38] The app has long had a tracker feature that tells you where your pizza is in the process of being made and when it's ready. We often order from our local pizza joint, but they're closed on Sundays and it costs twice as much as Domino's, so sometimes we get that.

My youngest son likes Domino's white pizza. No sauce, just cheese on top of the dough and then some pepperoni on top of the cheese. Oddly enough with as many pizza places we have here in Eastie, Domino's is the only one who is willing to make it that way. And he pays the regular full price. I took a small piece of his one time. YUK! No flavor. But Poo has never liked anything with tomato flavor. Not even pasta and meatballs. :wacko:

I've never seen a Domino's with seating.

There are some that have seating, but not a lot. Like Addie said, if they are close to something that would benefit having seating, they have them. But, they are mostly delivery stores.

CD

Domino's Pizza has a new offering. If you should order a large pizza for your evening meal, they will email the members of your family or whoever you want with the message, "Dinner's Ready" when the pizza comes out of the oven and on the way home.

Good grief! Can't the person who goes to get it, or when the doorbell rings, have a member of the family call that out themselves? Has every member of the household lost their voice?

With household members out of the house, this phone alert sounds like a good idea to me.

On the other hand, when I had kids living at home, they knew they had better be at the table at 6:00pm sharp or dinner for them would be cold, and no microwave. :ermm: Times change.

These days we like Domino's a lot. Our favorite is their special Hawaiian..
ham/bacon/pineapple/red bell pepper and provolone. Darn good!

Last edited:
With household members out of the house, this phone alert sounds like a good idea to me.

On the other hand, when I had kids living at home, they knew they had better be at the table at 6:00pm sharp or dinner for them would be cold, and no microwave. :ermm: Times change.

These days we like Domino's a lot. Our favorite is their special Hawaiian..
ham/bacon/pineapple/
red bell pepper and provolone. Darn good!

Ohhhhh, you just killed my appetite for pizza. :ohmy::ermm::rolleyes::huh::glare:

Now, I have to make other dinner plans. Thanks KL! :mad:

CD :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I was real hungry. I just ate half a Dominos large ham and pineapple pizza tonight. Washed it down with some Coors Light beer. Not a bad meal. $7.99. 8 slices. 200 calories per slice. I'll reheat the other half for tomorrow's lunch.

:yum:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom