Are you a collector?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have passed through several collecting phases:rolleyes:, but have sold most of those collections.

Right now I am collecting quilts, old quilts, maybe 1940's and newer. I don't want real early quilts like 1930's or older. I want ones I can repair, wash and use.

I collect 'shot glasses' from all over. Some are souvenir type , some are different shaped, some are antique and some have been given to me personalized. Oh yeah, each one has to be periodically tested for functionality ;)

I used to collect anything that had to do with Clement C. Moore's "Twas the Night Before Christmas". I had inherited my grandfather's vast collection and carried on the tradition up until 1993, when over a nasty "domestic type" altercation, the collection got misplaced and has never surfaced :mad: I just hope that it is being used by someone and that it didn't get destroyed out of spite :ermm:

Last edited:
I am collector of books, not all type s of books but novels short stories and favorite poetries.

I have almost all Bengali books, World classics (ofcourse which are transalated in English) like '[SIZE=-1]Three Musketeers[/SIZE]', '[SIZE=-1]The Count of Monte Cristo', 'La Miserables', 'Wuthering Heights' etc, all books of Jules Verne, Agatha Christie, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, full series of 'Tintin' and 'Asterix' and more.
[/SIZE]

I collect fairies or winged creatures, all of which are hanging from various vantage points from the ceilings throughout the house.

I collect miniature shoes and anything else relating to footwear, especially historical footwear.

I collect oversize ornaments, which also hang from various corners of the house and one huge tree branch in my bedroom.

I collect windchimes, which adorn the trees around the house.

hmmmm, i'm guessing there aren't a lot of tall people in your house...;)

Let's see...
I used to have more than 700 shot glasses. Those got sold when I moved from Wyoming.

My best collection is of old medicine and pharmacy bottles, medicine glasses and
old advertising measuring glasses. There are about 300 bottles and packages...
I can guarantee you the EPA would be aghast at what's in my living room corner!
What you could buy to put in your body 100 years ago... goodness!

The sword collection is on hold; ran out of display room.

I tend to acquire little plastic figurines and action figures that get lost... if I see them
I pick them up. Have about 40, some of course are from childhood, like Mjr. Matt Mason.

Interesting items from the University of North Carolina, my alma mater. Can you believe
there is COLLEGE branded shampoo out there?

And I have a BUNCH of older advertising recipe booklets. But that is just because they
don't sell on ebay, and I like them, so I don't throw them away....

All collecting is on hold right now, due to space issues, LOL

Except for the cat and dog hair collection... that one is growing nicely.

What an amazing peek into everyone's living rooms. Fascinating stuff. So here's a peek into mine...

I collect all things halloween related. Old and new. A few years ago, I dragged it ALL out and ended up decorating 4 houses top to bottom, inside and out. LOL. I make a lot of it myself as well. Made a seven foot wide fiev foot tall vampire bat skeleton last year...

I also collect something which shocked me not to see here... kitchen gadgets.

I mainly collect barware though. Shot glasses, bar mats, beer bottle tops, bottle openers and any other bar related things I can get my hands on. ;)

I collect sea/ocean life figurines, recipes that I've copied from several web-sites, cook-books, time-travel romance novels, comic books (mainly DC, and ElfQuest) sci/fi books (by Anne McCaffrey (Pern to name one), Mercedes Lackey (her world of Valdemar), Jack McDevitt (he's as good as Arthur C. Clarke.....he makes you think!), David and Leigh Eddings for their Belgariad/Mallorean series and a few other of their series). I also collect the state quarters and am now collecting the Presidential Dollar coins. I also collect stuffed animals - mainly Eeyore (I can so relate to him), and have got a ton of beanie baby animals out in my shed (I think I'm going to dig them out and donate them to the hospital I work at so there is something to give the kiddies when they come in through our ER dept. for one thing or the other). And I do have a few expensive little 'marbles' from Josh Simpson that my sister (she's a BIG collector of his stuff!) has gotten me hooked on. Not that I'll get to her level. I've got champagne tastes on a beer budget and can't afford any of his bigger pieces that I've taken a shine to. Now what I've got to look to is if she has an accident someday (Heaven forbid!), but if she does all her 'marbles and such' I inherit. She has some gorgeous pieces in her collection. And that's all I can think of right now.:)

I collect cut or pressed glass dishes and cookbooks. I also like Asian-inspired art, such as fans, painted plates, and a few vases. DH and I collect fridge magnets from trips. DH collects bottles of sand - he is a geologist and used to teach Earth science. Whenever someone went somewhere, he asked them to bring back some sand. Now he has dozens of bottles of it. You'd be surprised how many different colors and textures of sand there are.

Back
Top Bottom