"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #121
Executive Chef

Just for variety we should change the title of this topic to "Are you a dog person or a cat woman?"

Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #122
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
Just for variety we should change the title of this topic to "Are you a dog person or a cat woman?"

Old 11-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #123
Chef Extraordinaire

Why not
Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #124
Executive Chef

All I can tell ya is that I'm for dogs, like the feline gracefulness and ferocity of cats but don't want to adopt one, and I'm a person and a man but not a woman. Although I like women! Cats maybe not so much.

I can live without cats, no problem. Dogs? Well I'd rather not deal with living without them. But women? Not negotiable! Can't live without women!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #125
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
Shouldn't that be 'Dog Man or Cat Woman?'
Everyone knows that dogs are boys and cats are girls.

I love both canine and feline species.
I currently have one little girl doggie.
She's a sweet dolly.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #126
Chef Extraordinaire

She certainly is Chef
Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #127
Master Chef

I just got home from spending time getting my dad from hospital to hospice facility to home hospice. Because of our situation, I had to bring Rosebud. Mom was kitty-sitting for one of my sisters. My doggie has had not kitty experience. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, except that little sis' kitty is declawed. If he'd had his claws, I'd have thought, let them duke it out, I know the cat will win. But without claws? So we kept them separated. Fender was king of the road in his room, so all went well (Fender: My sis swore, no more pets until they're in a better position to afford one. Her sons were fishing and found a stray and their father said, no way, your mom will kill us. They got home and the kitten was in the fender of their van. Rolling in there for an hour and some). Anyway, Thanksgiving was a dozen or so people, all on razor's edge (Daddy was supposed to die), plus my mutt, a German shepherd, and a cat.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #128
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I just got home from spending time getting my dad from hospital to hospice facility to home hospice. Because of our situation, I had to bring Rosebud. Mom was kitty-sitting for one of my sisters. My doggie has had not kitty experience. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, except that little sis' kitty is declawed. If he'd had his claws, I'd have thought, let them duke it out, I know the cat will win. But without claws? So we kept them separated. Fender was king of the road in his room, so all went well (Fender: My sis swore, no more pets until they're in a better position to afford one. Her sons were fishing and found a stray and their father said, no way, your mom will kill us. They got home and the kitten was in the fender of their van. Rolling in there for an hour and some). Anyway, Thanksgiving was a dozen or so people, all on razor's edge (Daddy was supposed to die), plus my mutt, a German shepherd, and a cat.
Welcome home, Claire! We missed you!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #129
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Hi Claire! Hope you had a decent holiday.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #130
Executive Chef

I happen to be a dog, non-cat person who is of the male gender. However cats adore me, I don't know why. I think it's because I'm indifferent to cats. My family had cats when I was young. I know cats. Cats are independent. They don't want people trying to tell them what to do. They experience a lot of humans who try to entice them into doing things. I'm indifferent. If they come over I hold out the back of my hand so they can sniff my scent. They may walk away after that, but so often after walking away they come back and jump up into my lap and curl up. I've often heard cat owners tell me, "My cat doesn't like strangers," and then 15 minutes later that cat is curled up in my lap.

It's a lesson about cats. I'm indifferent so I don't bug them and because of that they like me. I don't like nor dislike cats. Not the right pet for me but I admire their cat grace. I'll never have cats unless I hook up with somebody who loves cats, in which case I'll be happy to embrace her pets. Maybe I'm a dog man ISO a cat person? (A cat person of the female persuasion.)