Are you a dog man or cat person?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
Buonasera, Good Evening,

We have all had or do have mascots, or choose not to due to our small living spaces especially if we live in a cosmopolitan city or travel alot.

What breed of dog or cat has befriended you and how have you chosen this 4 legged pal and why ?

I am 100% a cat woman, and had grown up with two Siamese, a blue point and a seal point.

My husband and I had 2 British Shorthair for 22 years ... At this time in our lives, we have no 4 legged buddies for obvious reasons, due to our professions and our travelling.

My fave feline breed is the British Shorthair, as they are not delicate and due to their heavy set or stocky body build are not climbers. Their coats are coarse so minimal shedding.

Have a lovely August,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
Well now, if it was up to me I doubt i would have any pets...but, it ain't up to me. We have two dogs, a cat we have had since Mrs Hoot and I got together..about 12 years ago. Another cat that got hit by a car and now only has three legs..no...her name is not tripod. And a recent acquisition of another cat, who showed up under my truck one morning as I was preparing to go fishing. All these creatures are neurotic..at least so Mrs Hoot says.

We have one of each. We've had 3 dogs over the course of our 30 years together. The first was a puppy from the neighbor's dog. He got hit by a car just before his first birthday. Then we got a terrier mix who lived to age 16. We went petless for several years then got a border collie/german shepherd mix as a pup. There was an add in the paper for free puppies and we got the last one. He's 9 now and starting to go gray (like us!) and recently developed diabetes. We avoided cats for years because DH had terrible reactions to cats with red,swollen eyes and wheezing. Last Oct. a stray had kittens in our backyard and abandoned a little calico. We brought her in with the thought of finding a home for her. When DH didn't react, she stayed. We love both our furbabies and can't imagine life without them.

Definitely dog. One beagle, though she would dearly love to have her own kitty, to hug, squeeze, wub, and call it her squooshy. Unfortunately, kitties don't care for beagle.

Last edited:
Sir_Loin_of_Beef said:
I can go either way, depending on how they are prepared.

Yeah right, said the cat rescue guy!

Last edited:
As you can guess from my avatar, I am a dog person. I have also had cats, but prefer dogs (that doesn't mean I don't love my new little grand-kittens).

I like Golden Retrievers best. When we were in the market for a dog seven years ago, I did all sorts of research to see what breed would suit us. Golden Retriever is what I came up with. I like several of the other breeds, but have absolutely fallen for Goldens. I may one day have to get a Golden Doodle; A standard poodle mixed with a Golden Retriever. I think that would be a good match for us too. :)

Definitely a cat man. When I bought my own house, I inherited a siamese male from a friend shortly thereafter who was desperate, even thinking about giving it to the humane society. His GF was allergic to cats, so it had to go... Ain't love grand? I was fresh out of love, so to speak, and said I have a big house and room enough. Then another kitten wandered in through the back garden gate and wouldn't leave. Since then I have had/ Have mostly 2 cats at a time.

Interestingly, when DxW bought her house, she bought her first dog too. She never had pets growing up. Luckily my two have always gotten along well with her dog(s) although it took awhile to acclimate them when she got a new puppy. But they play together well now. well, I guess love is grand.

I'm a cat person. I like dogs, but I like cats more. I find dogs too excitable. "Oh I'm so glad you're home!" bounce, bounce, bounce. "I just took out the garbage. I was only gone two minutes." bounce, bounce.

While I don't hate cats or anything, until I see one that can catch a frisbee, I will stick with pups.

I LOVE Maine Coon Cats though, Big ole cats, with personality. One of my Chefs breeds Savannahs, and they are pretty cool cats too, though when they get "of age", you have to feed them steak, and chicken. . . no meow mix for those fellas.

Thanks for all your feedback & contributions

Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Just a note of appreciation for all your anecdotes, feedback and contributions.

Have lovely August.
Ciao,
Margi.

Tatt: Maine Coone Cats

Maine Coone and British Shorthair are my favorites for same reasons ... They are rough and tough ...

We have a dear friend in Florida who has 2 Maine Coones, and they are quite unique.

Thanks for contribution.

Have nice Sunday,
Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom