"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 PM   #31
Sous Chef

It's not a mess, it's just "organized" clutter. And no matter how much money I spend on organizers, when it comes right down to it, it's still just clutter. I'd post a picture of my computer desk if I could un-bury my camera.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #32
Hospitality Queen

Neatie here!

Barbara - I bought Sandra Felton's "Messies Manual" years ago (I think when my first boy was a baby) and I read it cover to cover. I still use the "Mount Vernon" cleaning method to this day.

I have a thing about organizing - I love to do it. weird.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshoo96 View Post
you post pics of that room, i will post the "dancing fool" video on myspace, you tube, and here.....

Waiting patiently for the reason for the loud silence that followed from sixsix!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 AM   #34
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to mikki
I used to be a messie when we lived in a single wide trailer. My motto was everything has a place and everything is someplace. The only thing I can say is I usually knew where to find everything. When we went to the bank apply for a morgage for our doublewide I had all the financial papers they needed together in an hour.
Now that we are in our new place with all the closets and storage, I do keep it a lot neater, the only thing that is usually cluttered is the comp. desk. Except when MIL is comming to visit, she is complusive about things being a certian way. Curtians have to be just right mini blinds perfectly even horizontal. So if I know she comming I mess things up just to drive her crazy!!!!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #35
Senior Cook

Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Waiting patiently for the reason for the loud silence that followed from sixsix!!
no comment...
Old 05-23-2008, 11:13 AM   #36
Head Chef

Neat & organized. That's the only way I roll. i.e. All the hangers are the same color & facing in the same direction. My clothes (for the most part), are arranged by color, as are all my shoes. Everything (usually) goes back in its place, unless I'm working on a project. Getting better as I get older though. The place almost looks lived in.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:29 AM   #37
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSix210 View Post
no comment...
He knows better. For all of this now, I'm making him finally help me clean that room today. His ides to get rid of the bed, so now he has to help organize the room....
Old 05-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #38
Senior Cook

No, I'm not a messie like you. I'm a whole other breed of messie...like Messasaurus Rex. or some such.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath View Post
Neatie here!

Barbara - I bought Sandra Felton's "Messies Manual" years ago (I think when my first boy was a baby) and I read it cover to cover. I still use the "Mount Vernon" cleaning method to this day.

I have a thing about organizing - I love to do it. weird.
Jkath, please, oh please may I borrow you for say, a month?PLEASE!

Very very true that if your house is cluttered as is your mind.
God knows my mind is more cluttered than clouds in the sky.
Our garage is so cluttered that you don't know where anything is.
It's just really awful and a good reason to move outta here if nothing else.
Once my BFF asked me if I was a clean freak or a neat nick.
I looked at her and thought, "Ut oh, I"m neither."
She was a clean freak but was very cluttered in her house, clean though, very clean.
Just visiting her and her husband in BigFork Montana on our vacation, in their multi million dollar home on the lake, I expected to see what I know of her and her home cleaning skills. I saw none of it. Her house was a pig stye. Clutter and junk everywhere. No room in the kitchen sink to put even a dirty fork.
Her Alzheimers mom now lives with them and she has no time to think let alone be by herself and clean let alone grab the vacuum and dust. I feel so awful for her but writing this just now, is reminding me to call her and tell her I love her. She IS the most incredible woman ever created by God.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #40
Head Chef

When we made our move to Mexico, we had only been married a year. I had moved into DH's house (<1000 sq ft) from my house (>2000 sq ft) and we were bulging at the seams. He is a colossal messie/packrat. He still has his mother's first driver's license and his father's w-2 forms from 1942. Because it is so expensive to ship stuff down here, we decided to pare it all down to two 200 cubic foot containers. We had a huge yard sale. We took countless trips to Salvation Army. We would invite people over for a "goodbye" dinner and make them take stuff with them. We would leave stuff on friend's doorsteps (You don't need another coffeemaker? Toaster? Electric knife?). We had an estate buyer come and take stuff and we had a 10 yard dumpster. We still have too much stuff, because now we have been acquiring MORE. And Mexican houses have NO cupboards/closets/storage space. I try to keep it neat and clean, but it is a losing battle. He tries, too, but it is not in his nature. But here is the most important thing to learn: I'd rather be happy with my sweet and generous messy husband than all alone in a clean sterile house.