Are you a pillow flipper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:) WOW! So many flippers. We sleep with down filled comforters no top sheet or blanket just like they do in Germany and Austrailia they are cozy on there own. No tangled blanket and sheet and they regulate your temperature by wicking away the moisture. I keep lighter weight ones for the summer and heavier weight ones for the winter. They make for some incredible sleep making it possible to sleep in a cold room and stay warm but yet be able to throw a leg on top and get that great cooling at the same time.Pure comfort.

I have a down comforter. I suck a lot of feathers up my nose from the unfound hole. I tried a few times without a sheet but there's a whole feng shui thing about sleeping under a white sheet/blanket.

:) What about using a white duvet cover will that work? I keep double duvets on the comforters just in case one of the cats decide to throw up on one of them that way it wont get to the comforter itself.

:) What about using a white duvet cover will that work? I keep double duvets on the comforters just in case one of the cats decide to throw up on one of them that way it wont get to the comforter itself.
Actually in Feng Shui sleeping under anything completely white is bad. With my cats they would probably dig through whatever was on the comforter. I've looked for comforter covers but can't find one here.

Call me Flipper-----as I do my backflips trying to stay cool.......poor hubby is a saint and luckily was blessed with knock-out genes as soon as he goes to sleep.......I always keep one foot out as a temp regulator.......I have to have the room cool and need the fan on for the white noise....even in Kazakhstan where it can get to minus 60 degrees outside though inside the apartments are overheated.....I NEED my shoulders covered, however.....today I had to turn on the a/c before the "cool front" came thru---it was 79 degrees yesterday, muggy and humid.....supposed to be in the 40's tonight........my pillow is probably flipped many times as I now hate to be hot....

Actually in Feng Shui sleeping under anything completely white is bad. With my cats they would probably dig through whatever was on the comforter. I've looked for comforter covers but can't find one here.
:)Thats easy go to Overstock.com or Ebay another great option is if you sew a little or have a friend that sews just get some sheets sew them together and put either velcro or buttons and button holes.

I always stay in a German hotel when travelling back and forth from the states and they love using white down duvets and not a cover sheet underneath-----they also love using goose down feather pillows which I'm allergic too and always have to have them switched out. I've given up on having the duvets changed out........not worth the trouble........take a sinus pill before bedtime..........

:) The only time I get really cold sleeping or standing is when the middle of my back between the shoulder blades get cold.Not to say I dont get cold but it has to be quite wicked cold and damp for me to get frozen and I do have a great resistance to cold.I must say when I was in northern Germany in 1999 in december it was freezing and yet people were walking around every where.But it was truly a bitter cold.Quite a shock to me even though I have lived in Colorado and now in Northern New Mexico. I think you can get used to a good amount of of cold in colder climates by just simply living there.

I flip my pillow (feather, since the others are too hot for me) too. I like the room to be cool, then I like to snuggle under a top sheet and blanket (plus a comforter if it is really cold in the room). I don't like to sleep with my feet out from under the covers, but I will stick them out now and then, looking for a cool spot. I pull the covers back from my legs or arms as needed too. Not only do I flip my pillow, but I am a regular whirling dervish in bed. Most of the time I can flip without messing up the sheet and blanket, but sometimes I wake up to find the top sheet has twisted into a tight, thick rope! Don't ask me how I did it because I couldn't tell you, but a week or so ago I somehow managed to flip the top sheet completely over, without disturbing the blanket and comforter! James couldn't care less about a top sheet, and since we tend to pull the covers off each other when we turn, we solved that by each having our own blankets. Same bed/separate blankets. :-p I used to have a cat who liked to sleep on top of my hip, waist, or shoulder as I slept (fortunately she was small!). She was used to me flipping over all night. I always said she would have made a good log-roller!

:)Barbara

OK I'm the odd woman out. I do not flip and I have to be fully covered in the winter and fully covered in the summer until I go to sleep then I kick the covers off. In the winter I love it when my DD watches TV in my room on my side of the bed. Makes it toasty warm and I love it.:)

:) Do you like to sleep warm or cold?I like to sleep in a cold room. Im always flipping my pillow to get the cold side I also usually like my feet sticking out a little at least until the cat comes along and starts biting my toes.:LOL:

You never heard the phrase: "Cooler than the other side of your pillow":cool:

I'm a side-sleeping, pillow-flipping, foot-dangling nightmare in bed.

Same here. I cannot sleep when it's hot, and that includes pillowcases, sheets, etc. I sleep in the natural and without any sheets on for the most part (I start out uncovered but usually wake up with my feet under a sheet). My whole family on the other hand is the exact opposite. They have to be completely covered up. My parents live in hot, humid Florida and my Mom will in the dead heat of summer sleep under at least 3 blankets (no kidding!), I don't see how she can do it. I was just home last month and was utterly miserable. My parents don't believe in air-conditioning and I couldn't sleep the whole time I was home; and I wasn't about to raise their electricity bill just to keep me comfortable (they are both retired and on a fixed income).

My dad is cold-natured and my mom was hot-natured. She said that for a while whenever he noticed that she was uncovered he would "help" her and cover her up. She finally convinced him that she kicked the covers off on purpose!

LOL That reminded me of another story about my mom. When my uncle died my dad had to fly back to Missouri. My mom was worried about him flying and she didn't think she would be able to sleep, so she asked me to sleep on my dad's side of their bed the first night. I hardly slept that night because I was afraid my tossing and turning would bother my mom. I found out the next day that she didn't sleep well either because I was so still!

OK I'm the odd woman out. I do not flip and I have to be fully covered in the winter and fully covered in the summer until I go to sleep then I kick the covers off. In the winter I love it when my DD watches TV in my room on my side of the bed. Makes it toasty warm and I love it.:)
:) Hey mikki, how are you doing?

I flip in the summer, but not in the winter. In the winter, we use a flannel sheet set with a blanket and a quilt handmade by my stepmother. I'm too hot with the quilt, so I just use the sheet and blanket, but DH usually uses all three layers. Sometimes I stick my feet out to cool off some.

Wow.... I don't flip the pillow, but tend to sleep with my head towards the edge of the pillow so it does not block my nasal passages. I can't stand the feeling of not being able to get enough fresh air... specially when I'm sleeping.

I'm a pillow-fluffer-upper, and sleep warm except for the summer. Sleep with no less than four large pillows, rotate & fluff :LOL: ... & a top sheet, vellux blanet & two comforters, & an open window - even though I live in a warm climate. Then... I like to bury my head under all the covers. My idea of Heaven - a big warm bed with lots & lots & lots of pillows & soft blankies. I miss my heated waterbed. :LOL:

And, I skeered of those dust mites... so I keep my pillows and mattress protected - rotate & flip.

World's Largest Pillow Fight - NothingToxic.com

Last edited:
Wow.... I don't flip the pillow, but tend to sleep with my head towards the edge of the pillow so it does not block my nasal passages. I can't stand the feeling of not being able to get enough fresh air... specially when I'm sleeping.
I have to have my head at the edge too. I think James thinks I am making it up, but if his arm or shoulder get within an inch or two of my nose I start to feel like I am suffocating and have to pull back or push him away. Suffocation is one of my biggest "death" fears. I don't know if that is because of the feeling I get when things get too near my face or if I have the feeling because of the fear.

I almost forgot--speaking of how we like to sleep, we are finally getting a new bed this weekend! The bed that came in this house was new at the time, but it is a really cheap quality bed. Springs are popping out all over, it has a sharp downward slope to the right, and it is only a double. James and I are not teeny people and that bed has been giving us horrible backaches, headaches, etc. Our new bed will be an extra-firm Queen. Yay!

I'm the craziest sleeper on the planet. Not only do I flip my pillow (several times even)
stick my foot out of the blanket and back in ( I do the hokey pokey I swear ) with the blankets all the way up to my chin. I have my own blankets since I'm a blanket hog.

But I also have a thing for laying diagnol (s/p) in the bed, half on my stomace and half on my side. Oh yes, I'm a bed hog too. He won't let me get my own bed though so he's s.o.l. Otherwise I'm just not comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom