Are you a pillow flipper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm the craziest sleeper on the planet. Not only do I flip my pillow (several times even) stick my foot out of the blanket and back in ( I do the hokey pokey I swear ) with the blankets all the way up to my chin. I have my own blankets since I'm a blanket hog.

But I also have a thing for laying diagnol (s/p) in the bed, half on my stomace and half on my side. Oh yes, I'm a bed hog too. He won't let me get my own bed though so he's s.o.l. Otherwise I'm just not comfortable.
I do the half side, half stomach thing too! If I am alone in the bed I sometimes lie diagonally, but there isn't room for me to do that if we are both there. So you're not the only one doing the hokey pokey!

:)Barbara

I don't flip my pillow but I flip my body around all night. One side, then the other, feet in then out, a brief stint on my back. It's exhausting!

I'm not really a pillow flipper. Although, during the night I do seem to reverse my pillow if I'm awake to turn over.

As for temp, my feet are my thermometer. When I'm too warm, I just stick my feet out. Too chilly, tuck them back in under the covers.

Don't wear much or anything most of the time when sleeping and our bed room isn't heated, so the dual-control electric blanket is our source of warmth during the colder months. Most of the time I don't rely on the electric blanket, which is supplemented by 2 goose down comforters. Much prefer the comforters.

I don't flip my pillow as much as I do my DH--:) Luckily he moves over immediately when I "roll" him. He has terrible allergies and the last two weeks that he's been in Texas (he leaves tomorrow to back to K.) have been miserable for both of us. I've been up since 2:30 this morning wide awake from his coughing attacks and have not gotten a full night's rest since he's been here. I feel so sorry for him but at least when he takes the medicine it does help but doesn't last the whole night through unfortunately. But he's capable of rolling back to sleep and I'm not. I told him that when we are back in the states full time that he needed to get allergy tested.

I would love to say that I don't snore, and I don't think I snore very much, but...

I have actually woken myself up as I started to snore. It usually just happens if I am sitting in my computer chair and start to fall asleep there.

And what about talking in your sleep? I know that I talk in my sleep sometimes, but I'm not sure if I still do or how much. James doesn't talk in his sleep very often, but when he does he speaks so clearly that you wouldn't even realize he is asleep. The other night he was asleep in his chair. When I fast-forwarded the TV show, causing the sound to stop for a few seconds, he very cheerfully said, "Hi!" He does that a lot when it suddenly gets quiet. Or he will do this cute little laugh when that happens. He was really talkative that night though. He said a couple things that night. The last one was really weird. His eyes popped open, he looked directly at me, and said (clear as day), "Oh that's right..." (There was more but it would embarrass him--nothing bad, but not something he would like me to share). He is sure I am making it up and that he didn't do that, but he did, and it was so weird!

:)Along time ago I had a boyfriend who would talk in his sleep one time he said.Who do you think I am, joe clown on wheels?:ROFLMAO:
Another time he said.Come over here so I can give you a Billy Idol hair cut.:huh::huh:

Temperature

:)Im always searching for the cooler spots I also crack window about 1-2 inches even if its below zero.

I just got the gas bill. No window open and bill over $200! If I do open a window, imagine how much it would be? Is it warm where you are? I do like the 'fresh air' at night but I can't afford it.

Oh, I only flip the pillow when I 'have' to get up at night. Otherwise, I guess I sleep right through it.

Yes I'm a snorer. Never used to be until about 5 yrs. ago.
Talking in my sleep ? Yeah I probably do that from time to time lol.

I just got the gas bill. No window open and bill over $200! If I do open a window, imagine how much it would be? Is it warm where you are? I do like the 'fresh air' at night but I can't afford it.

Oh, I only flip the pillow when I 'have' to get up at night. Otherwise, I guess I sleep right through it.
:)Oh no its not warm at night its freezing.First of all I keep the bedroom door shut and the thermostat is down the hall so it isnt affected.I also turn thermostat down at night I have a big chest or drawers on top of the vent in the bedroom it kinda warms up the room anyway.I also sleep with a very well filled goose down comforter meant for the winter. In the morning I turm heat off as soon as the sun comes up it heats the house nicely but its murder in the summer. When the sun starts to go down I turn on the heat a little.
In the summer the windows stay shut blinds drawn air conditioner on, in the evening air conditioner is shut off and windows are open.
I dont know what our power bill is as its provided with the housing the ranch gives us. But I can almost guarantee you we use less power than anyone on the ranch.Also the ranch switched out all the regular light bulbs to less energy bulbs.I dont like alot of light at night so save some energy on top of that as well. Right now its only 40 degrees in the shade. Not bad at all unless the wind picks up.

Life

jp, I always like your response. You sound like you have the kind of lifestyle I wish I had. Be thankful. Sleeping in that down comforter sure helps. Times I feel you could sleep outside with them. So you do close your door and have the window open? Gave me idea. CLOSE MY DOOR! Never thought of that. Thanks. I was always told the 'fresh?' air is best. I still believe that. To have the cool air in the room is really in my mind more healthy. My one brother wants everything closed year round. I can't change his mind.

I sure will give that a try and as you said having the house closed up makes such a difference. I do thank you for always describing how you do things. Everyone always asks me, do you need a picture? I appreciate your time. Since you have dogs, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking in. However, my dog now is deaf and going blind, can't count on him. But I am still not giving up to find replacements for ones I lost.

Yeah I'm a big time pillow flipper who keeps the AC on during the winter. Also guilty of talking in my sleep. Apparently one time I told my S.O that I was going to buy them a sword with their initials engraved on the handle?

jp, I always like your response. You sound like you have the kind of lifestyle I wish I had. Be thankful. Sleeping in that down comforter sure helps. Times I feel you could sleep outside with them. So you do close your door and have the window open? Gave me idea. CLOSE MY DOOR! Never thought of that. Thanks. I was always told the 'fresh?' air is best. I still believe that. To have the cool air in the room is really in my mind more healthy. My one brother wants everything closed year round. I can't change his mind.

I sure will give that a try and as you said having the house closed up makes such a difference. I do thank you for always describing how you do things. Everyone always asks me, do you need a picture? I appreciate your time. Since you have dogs, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking in. However, my dog now is deaf and going blind, can't count on him. But I am still not giving up to find replacements for ones I lost.

:LOL: I have three dogs and one of them is a barking idiot if she hears anything.
No worries about break ins as we live 45 miles from town nothing in between us and town and the road dead ends to the ranch then they hafto get past the electronic gate. Our biggest chance of break in is the in the summer and that would be a bear breaking in. Of course that's when the windows are wide open. Even our two cats have a hissy fit if something unusual comes into the yard.Besides that bears are more likely to go to someone else's house because they feed their pets out side etc. You really dont want a bear in your house when your not home they are destructive and their poop is really bad. Actually its DHs job in the summer to trap the problem bears and haul them to another part of the ranch.

I have to have my head at the edge too. I think James thinks I am making it up, but if his arm or shoulder get within an inch or two of my nose I start to feel like I am suffocating and have to pull back or push him away. Suffocation is one of my biggest "death" fears. I don't know if that is because of the feeling I get when things get too near my face or if I have the feeling because of the fear.

I'm the same way!!!!! I have to have my breathing room.... that is too funny!!! I have to have about 2 inches between my nose and everything else to breathe without feeling like there is an air deficit.

here is how i have to sleep. its -4*F outside and i leave my window open 2 inches. im right below the window. i liek to hear the sounds of night life in the winter and summer. when my room is freezing i like to be under blankets. my body stays warmer for some reason then when i have the window closed. when my window is closed i get to hot. cold side of pillow for me so i always flip it. we hve 2 feet of snow right now and its awesome

Back
Top Bottom