"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Life

jp, I always like your response. You sound like you have the kind of lifestyle I wish I had. Be thankful. Sleeping in that down comforter sure helps. Times I feel you could sleep outside with them. So you do close your door and have the window open? Gave me idea. CLOSE MY DOOR! Never thought of that. Thanks. I was always told the 'fresh?' air is best. I still believe that. To have the cool air in the room is really in my mind more healthy. My one brother wants everything closed year round. I can't change his mind.

I sure will give that a try and as you said having the house closed up makes such a difference. I do thank you for always describing how you do things. Everyone always asks me, do you need a picture? I appreciate your time. Since you have dogs, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking in. However, my dog now is deaf and going blind, can't count on him. But I am still not giving up to find replacements for ones I lost.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #52
Assistant Cook

Yeah I'm a big time pillow flipper who keeps the AC on during the winter. Also guilty of talking in my sleep. Apparently one time I told my S.O that I was going to buy them a sword with their initials engraved on the handle?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #53
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
jp, I always like your response. You sound like you have the kind of lifestyle I wish I had. Be thankful. Sleeping in that down comforter sure helps. Times I feel you could sleep outside with them. So you do close your door and have the window open? Gave me idea. CLOSE MY DOOR! Never thought of that. Thanks. I was always told the 'fresh?' air is best. I still believe that. To have the cool air in the room is really in my mind more healthy. My one brother wants everything closed year round. I can't change his mind.

I sure will give that a try and as you said having the house closed up makes such a difference. I do thank you for always describing how you do things. Everyone always asks me, do you need a picture? I appreciate your time. Since you have dogs, I wouldn't worry about someone breaking in. However, my dog now is deaf and going blind, can't count on him. But I am still not giving up to find replacements for ones I lost.
I have three dogs and one of them is a barking idiot if she hears anything.
No worries about break ins as we live 45 miles from town nothing in between us and town and the road dead ends to the ranch then they hafto get past the electronic gate. Our biggest chance of break in is the in the summer and that would be a bear breaking in. Of course that's when the windows are wide open. Even our two cats have a hissy fit if something unusual comes into the yard.Besides that bears are more likely to go to someone else's house because they feed their pets out side etc. You really dont want a bear in your house when your not home they are destructive and their poop is really bad. Actually its DHs job in the summer to trap the problem bears and haul them to another part of the ranch.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #54
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I have to have my head at the edge too. I think James thinks I am making it up, but if his arm or shoulder get within an inch or two of my nose I start to feel like I am suffocating and have to pull back or push him away. Suffocation is one of my biggest "death" fears. I don't know if that is because of the feeling I get when things get too near my face or if I have the feeling because of the fear.

Barbara
I'm the same way!!!!! I have to have my breathing room.... that is too funny!!! I have to have about 2 inches between my nose and everything else to breathe without feeling like there is an air deficit.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:47 AM   #55
Master Chef

I like my windows opened a little and I do constantly flip my pillow over.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #56
Head Chef

here is how i have to sleep. its -4*F outside and i leave my window open 2 inches. im right below the window. i liek to hear the sounds of night life in the winter and summer. when my room is freezing i like to be under blankets. my body stays warmer for some reason then when i have the window closed. when my window is closed i get to hot. cold side of pillow for me so i always flip it. we hve 2 feet of snow right now and its awesome