Are you a smart driver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got 19 out of 20, but they have one wrong. When merging onto a freeway you should be going the speed limit, or the same pace as traffic only if it is going slower than the speed limit. In their case, both answers could be true, and should be re-worded, otherwise when you read the answer it seems as if they are saying if traffic is going 85 in a 65 zone you should speed too.

I got 15 out of 20. But then again, I live in Massachusetts, who, along with New York, D.C. and N.J. have the worst drivers in the nation.

Lee

I got 15 out of 20. But then again, I live in Massachusetts, who, along with New York, D.C. and N.J. have the worst drivers in the nation.

Lee

Hey, I resemble that remark!:LOL: I learned to drive and got my driver's license in the D.C. area and lived...and drove...there for 30 years. But, you're right, it's challenging driving there.

Oh man... I'm supposed to use my brain when I drive ?!?!

J/k. I got 18 out of 20 correct

However I got 19 out of 20 on the Corporate Logos Quiz.
I got the Starbucks one wrong, which can be explained
by me not being a coffee drinker.

did one better on the corporate logos.. although one was DH's fault.. I went with his choice.. so should've done 2 better LOL

QSis, you are very mis-informed. The worst drivers are down here.
I lived in Jersey for 40 yrs and worked on the Jersey Turnpike at Newark Airport for 7years, and my hand to God, they are worse down here.
Population is smaller, but proportionately worse. They are maniacs. And the accidents are more lethal.

Here in Utah the rule is.....

When traveling on the freeway and a vehicle in the lane next to turns on his blinker to get into your lane you should .......... speed up and block them in the lane they are traveling in AND pretend you dont notice them.

haha

I am sure ever state has their own quirks.

I did fairly badly but then I'm trying to answer a test from a different country. I can't convert feet to meters so I stuffed that one and I agree with maverick on that speed question.

Here in Utah the rule is.....

When traveling on the freeway and a vehicle in the lane next to turns on his blinker to get into your lane you should .......... speed up and block them in the lane they are traveling in AND pretend you dont notice them.

haha

I am sure ever state has their own quirks.
Here is how you merge onto the freeway in South Carolina:

Drive to the end of the onramp. Come to a complete stop. When you cannot see any cars coming toward you in any lane, proceed onto the freeway.

Once on the freeway (or anywhere in Charlotte, NC, near us), weave in and out with no more than 6 inches between your car the the car you are getting in front of. Make sure not to use your signal, as this might just confuse people.

And if an emergency vehicle is coming up behind you with its sirens and lights flashing, join all the other vehicles in seeing how long you can keep it behind you. If someone pulls over to the right and stops, look at them like they are idiots for following the rules.

:wacko:Barbara

I got three wrong, but one of them was the one Mav wrote about. I agree that the question is not worded well. If I were to Match the speed of others while merging I would be breaking the speed limit by quite a lot.

I lived in Jersey for 40 yrs and worked on the Jersey Turnpike at Newark Airport for 7years, and my hand to God, they are worse down here.
Population is smaller, but proportionately worse. They are maniacs. And the accidents are more lethal.

LOL! Quicksliver, I know of what you speak! I've had some experience driving in s.w. Florida and, hoo boy, it was often frustrating and harrowing!

Here's a link to a list of best and worst drivers in the country. I think the results are fairly consistent year to year. And, yeah, Florida is near the bottom of the list, too. :)
Best and Worst Drivers of the United States - Hear The Issues - Political Articles and Commentary

Lee

Here is how you merge onto the freeway in South Carolina:

Drive to the end of the onramp. Come to a complete stop. When you cannot see any cars coming toward you in any lane, proceed onto the freeway.

Once on the freeway (or anywhere in Charlotte, NC, near us), weave in and out with no more than 6 inches between your car the the car you are getting in front of. Make sure not to use your signal, as this might just confuse people.

And if an emergency vehicle is coming up behind you with its sirens and lights flashing, join all the other vehicles in seeing how long you can keep it behind you. If someone pulls over to the right and stops, look at them like they are idiots for following the rules.

:wacko:Barbara
oh, my, you must have driven in my neck of the woods----a very slow moving friend of mine wondered aloud why people were passing her on the right side of the feeder road and I said "because you're supposed to be moving and not crawling in this lane (I used to pray that we wouldn't be rearended)---none of my daughter's high school lacrosse wanted to drive with her 'cause she was so slow .......

quicksilver, the southwest coast of florida has the worst combination of young, aggressive drivers, competing with hesitant and poorly sighted old drivers. the clash of driving abilities and "styles" is really deadly.

not to mention those shared center lanes, which are meant for turning across oncoming traffic in either direction.

Back
Top Bottom