Are you an early bird or a night owl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My family refers to me as a Bat. I can easily stay up all night and get my eight hours. I think it comes from being a mortician (I had the night shift) and bartending jobs. I'm ready to party when everyone else is going home.

or dead? lol, hb.
you intrigue and scare me at the same time. cooool.
ever see the movie "the night shift"?

I usually get to bed between 11pm and Midnight, and I'm usually awake around 4am... So I'm not sure, what does that make me? A night owl, or an early riser?

John

No BuckyTom...never saw it. If you have any questions, you are welcomed to PM me. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Half Baked said:
My family refers to me as a Bat. I can easily stay up all night and get my eight hours. I think it comes from being a mortician (I had the night shift) and bartending jobs. I'm ready to party when everyone else is going home.

:ROFLMAO: That's ok. My husband and I have been called vampires or children of the night with the hours we pull on a daily basis. Up by the time the sun goes down and asleep at dawn. It's still out for debate on sleep with his work time shift varying, usually a 12 to 13 hr ordeal sometimes longer depending upon what's up.

It is quiet in the evening and wee morning, can get a lot accomplished. :rolleyes:

I love being in crowds or alone...just don't start yawning at 1 am if you come to my house to play games or party.​

hb, ya gotta see "the night shift".
it's about a morgue, not a mortician's office per se, but i think you'd like it. a cute and funny love story.

here's the imdb link: Night Shift (1982)

I am a combination of both - some nights I don't go to bed until after midnight and other nights I am in bed around 11PM. I usually get up around 8AM but then there are some days that I am up by 7AM.

It depends on how tired I am. Typically I get to bed around 11pm and watch tv til I get tired, and usually wake up around 6am. I have to have at least 7 hours of sleep to function the next day. I can stay up late, but have to have just as many hours of sleep, so I guess I'm both a morning person and a night owl.

Night owl here. I read till 1, 2 oclock in the morning and get up at 8. I'm a grouch in the mornings, so keep that in mind when you read my morning posts.:LOL:

I'll check it our Buckytom..thanks.

Wasabi, I've never noticed that you were a grouch in the morning.
LSHIC.gif

I'm a grouch in the morning and it gets worst as the day goes by. Poor DH.

Perhaps Mr Wasabi and Mr HB could become best friends and sympathize with each other....
laughing1.gif

I am definatley a night owl but due to the fact that I work in banking, I am forced to so to bed between 10 and 12 during the week. The weekends though I am up until 2 or 3 in the morning and sleep until 12 or 1 the next day. The only thing I don't like about sleeping in late is that I miss the whole day but I have more fun at night:)

Perhaps Mr Wasabi and Mr HB could become best friends and sympathize with each other....

Our poor sweeties, gotta love um.:wub:

I love sunrise...I know I know..what kind of vampyre loves a sunrise? For years I was seeing them as I was leaving some club or other in the city. Now, I'd rather be just rising when the sun is. Dawn is by far my favourite part of the day. What you have before you is an open invitation to challenge yourself and create something wonderful with the day. You see colours that words cannot describe. You can catch the earth off guard, showing capabilities the likes of which we've forgotten since leaving the womb. And if you catch it right, you can see and feel and hear the ghosts of those passed long ago..who may have watched the sunrise in the very spot you are in.

And if you catch it right, you can see and feel and hear the ghosts of those passed long ago..who may have watched the sunrise in the very spot you are in.

I feel that when I'm going to bed. See, Vera, that's why. :cool:

Even when I have to be up at 6:15 for work I find it difficult to ever get to bed as early as 1:00. I usually go to bed around 2:00 on work nights and often later on weekends or vacations. During the summer I get really horrible about it! I'm like some of you--I love the peacefulness of the wee hours and often think clearer then. Last summer I found myself getting to bed later and later, until I was going to bed after sunrise. Today was my last day of work for 2 weeks, so I'm sure I'll have at least a few late nights (beyond 2:00). However, I have a cold so may want to get a little more sleep.

:) Barbara
P.S. On the rare occasion that I have had to get up super early (like to leave on a trip) I have really loved the early morning, watching the sun come up and the world begin to wake up.

Back
Top Bottom