"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Early Bird here - I don't like to be woken up - but once up, I get most my work done then - at a hundred miles a minute - once dinner is served and cleaned and DS is put to bed, I shut down.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Night Owl.

SO hits the hay about 9:00 PM most nights and leaves the entire castle to me. Starting in February, I'll be getting up earlier for my nanny job. ...or do I call myself a manny.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
Sous Chef

I am without a doubt a NIGHTOWL!! - No matter how tired I may be I wake up after 9pm - As a child I had my nights and days mixed up as well. No matter how much sleep I do get I can not seem to get out of bed in the morning and do so only because I have no choice in the matter!!
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 AM   #14
Cook

The cats get us up sometime between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. DW turns in like clockwork at 11:00 PM. I stay up reading until I'm sleepy - any time between 11:00 PM and 1:00 AM.

Doug
Old 12-19-2006, 09:47 AM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I'm neither one. I'd rather sleep till around 10am & be in bed by 10pm. Unfortuantly, with kids & work I can't do that. I'm more myself in the afternoon & get a lot more done.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:33 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
The fact that both of us are such extreme night owls is one of the reasons why Cris and I get along with each other so well. If we go to sleep before 2 it is considered "early" in this household, and it is not unusual that a new day is dawning when we finally hit the sack. Such a habit would surely not be welcomed by vast majority of the population I am sure!!

(In fact, after all this Cris usually gets up and start working, either here at home or going out somewhere, in the morning by 9, so really he should be getting much more sleep!!)

I agree with Cora, I like the atmosphere of late night, actually my mind is normally the most clear and active after midnight. Also I like the atmosphere of very early morning, around the dawn too, but only if we get there by staying up, not by waking up at this hour!!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:39 AM   #17
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
Well, it's 30 minutes after midnight and I am wide awake. I've always loved staying up late and never have liked waking up before noon. Now that we have kids, that's impossible and in about 20 years, when they are out of the house, I'll be programmed to getting up early (earlier than noon anyway).

There's just something about the night that I love. The quiet. It's hard to put my finger on it, but I feel like I can draw my inspirations from the night. My best writings are at night and choreography comes easy to me after the commotion of the day has passed.

And the rest of you?

That being said, I'd better get my butt to bed.
Everyday I'll stay up to around 2 or 3ish. On a school day I may go to bed around 1. Usually I don't. I try to sleep in as much as I can on a school day. On the weekends I sleep in till about 1pm, unless I have to work. Then I sleep until 30 minutes before my shift.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Actually I think I'm a little bit of both. Most nights I'm up until at least midnight, even though I am in bed by 11 p.m. I love to read and that's when I curl up nice and comfy with my books.

I used to be able to "sleep in," but for the last 10 or so years that's not been happening. I have an automatic alarm clock that usually kicks in about 6 a.m., but I don't roll out of the sack until about 7:30 or 8 because the bed and covers feel so good. Especially in the wintertime.

When I have a lot of things that need to be done, I can wake myself up whenever I want to. This drives Buck nuts. He needs a traditional alarm clock to jolt him awake.

I do love the solitude and quiet of the house late at night. Even our cats snuggle down in their favorite sleeping places and leave me alone. I try to be quiet if I'm up later at night than Buck so I don't disturb him. Although our house is so big that I would have to run the vacuum cleaner at full tilt and have the blender going, too, for him to hear.

Also, as someone else said, there's something beautiful about seeing the day come alive. Sunrise is so lovely and promising. So count me as both a night owl and morning person.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

I am a night owl with a morning person's job and dog...
<-- This little guy to the left loves to see the sun rise and insists (quite vehemnantly) that someone gets the "pleasure" of seeing the crack of dawn with him...
*yawn*
Old 12-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #20
Sous Chef

I'm both too, I love the mornings and I'm usually up until midnight or so.