Are you as sick of the Da Vinci Code as I am?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reviewers that I've read and heard have said that even if they had never seen a bad Tom Hanks performance before, they have now. One or two said they couldn't take their eyes off his hair. They all say his performance was flat.

I'm very tired of all of it too.

BC

Missed all the hype & didn't read the book. Looking forward to seeing it when it gets to DVD etc.

cara said:
not so much da-vinci-ing here.. or at least not so much I'm really fed up...

much worse over here is all the FIFA Worldcup... on TV, in Magazines, newspapers, in commercials, in the supermarket.. :yuk:
absolutely no way to get away.....

LOL! YES!! I totally agree. You can't turn on DW now without the almost constant updates on the brackets and the Bundesligue... ACK!!

~ Raven ~

DW (odor DWTV) Deutsche Welle (pronounced Doi'sha Vell'a).

Eine deutsche Fernsehenführung (A German television channel)

It's got some pretty good programming in English, Deutshche, and Espanole but lately it's all about the FIFA World Cup. :(

~ Raven ~

oh, I've heard of the DW ;o)
but I can't imagine it is that much than here... I hope it'll be over soon...
and Germany is world champion...:mrgreen:

Well, our near neighbours are lashing themselves into a frenzy re the world cup. If we get ONE MORE programme re England's victory in 1966.... YES, 1966 - 40 years ago.... I think I'll scream.

And I LIKE football!

Germany will be champion...
fiesgrins.gif

Enjoyed the book and I'm not a fiction reader by choice---didn't know that I would find the ending a big letdown until I read about it in a review--darn--wished that I had remained in ignorance and bliss--I didn't seem to be in THAT much of a let down until reviewers told me that I was. Same with the movie which I haven't seen yet---won't read any more reviews and make up my own feeble mind on whether I really like it or not. I really can't make a judgement until I actually see it for myself since it does have Tom Hanks in the lead role (he's not had too many icccccck roles over the years)---however, when it concerns couples like Ben Affleck and JLo who do have a "history" of forgettable films then I do tend to factor in the critics' opinions. So I'm going to give the movie a definite "let's go and rent it rating"---as I'm overseas now and will not be in the states until mid-June. Of course- there are too many made for movie books that never live up to the hype so we will see.

Question--anyone else see a movie that was praised or torpedoed and you thought the opposite?? I slept thru "Chariots of Fire" and wondered what all the hallubaloo was about --dumb me....and the beat goes on........10 bizillion people in the world and so many opinions---great to be alive!!!!!!!

I totally tune it out. Don't read any of the reviews and turn the channel when they start promoting it. I have no desire to go see it.

Read the book -- twice (once to myself when it first came out, then when a blind friend was interested I read it to her). I liked the book a lot, but couldn't imagine it as a movie, too intricate a plot. I'll see it when it comes out on DVD. I think the the religious critics are making Dan Brown a fortune! There are probably millions who will go see it because conservative religious forces are so vocally against it. It puzzled me, too, that it seems the book had been out awhile before the religous objections came out. But most of alll, it's fiction: A murder mystery. The fuss makes me laugh. Especially when it becomes obvious that some of the most vociferous have never read the book. Yes, I too am sick of the fuss and quit paying attention to it months ago.

Back
Top Bottom