Are you as sick of the Da Vinci Code as I am?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raven

Sous Chef
I was channel surfing tonight and ran across a show about the Freemasons (Da Vinci Week) on the History Channel, flipped on and found another show "Debunking" the Da Vinci Code. All in all I ran across no less than 5 different shows all running simotaneously about some aspect of the Da Vinci Code.

Combine that with all the news reports, all the other shows, all the internet chatter...AARRGGHH!!!

I haven't been this sick of anything since 1976! (by 1977 I never wanted to see anything painted red, white and blue ever again!) .

I will be SO glad when this movie finally opens, plays it's-self out, hits DVD and fades forever into history!! :sick:

~ Raven ~

Don't blame the book/movie! The hype is being intensified by the groups protesting it.

It's a work of fiction! It's not supposed to be historically accurate.

I'm not tired of it... can't wait to see the movie!! I'm re-reading the book. It's great. I know it's fiction but.. I keep wanting to believe.

pdswife said:
but.. I keep wanting to believe.

Fox Mulder couldn't have said it better himself. That was my favorite show until Agent Doggett showed up. But I digress.

I'll probably try to see the movie in a couple of weeks after the initial rush. I wonder if they'll change the ending at all because the ending in the book wasn't exactly satisfying. Regarding all the shows about the Da Vinci code, Freemasons, etc. etc. a lot of what they're showing are reruns. Many of the specials aired after the book came out and it was all over the news, and also when that movie with Nicolas Cage ("National Treasure") came out.

I didn't like the book - thought it was poorly written - I read the first couple of chapters then skimmed the rest of the book. I've already explained somewhere else on here about the 'Da Vinci Effect' on Roslin Chapel, near Edinburgh...... :rolleyes:

The movie was panned when it was reviewed at the Cannes Film Festival. Critics were laughing aloud, as reported in my local newspapers. I googled and found a report of the showing... People were reporting that the only 2 good things in it were Sir Ian McKellan and Paul Bettany - and Sir Ian didn't even appear until one hour in.....:ROFLMAO: Another critic in the UK said he was mesmerised by the difference in heights between Tom Hanks and the French actress, Tatou (can't remember her forename!) which might go someway to explaining their lack of rapport....

As you've gathered, I won't be going to see it!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060517/ennew_afp/afpentertainmentfilmcannespreview_060517083200

I love Tom Hanks and I can't name too many movies that he's done that I didn't like. Plus, the book is pretty interesting. I'll watch it

Raven, I agree with you, I will be happy when when this movie finally opens, plays itself out, hits DVD and fades forever into history!! Just my opinion, though.

I'm not as tired of the Da Vinci code mania as I am of Brad and Angelina or Tom and Katie!

I loved the book but I can't imagine turning it into a movie that actually works.

IMO most really good books make poor movies.

They should not have cast Tom Hanks in that role. An unknown actor would have been a much better choice IMO.

not so much da-vinci-ing here.. or at least not so much I'm really fed up...

much worse over here is all the FIFA Worldcup... on TV, in Magazines, newspapers, in commercials, in the supermarket.. :yuk:
absolutely no way to get away.....

Ishbel said:
Who are they?
Sorry Ishbel-Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie also Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
American actors who have been in every magazine and every tv show

GB said:
They should not have cast Tom Hanks in that role. An unknown actor would have been a much better choice IMO.[/quote

I agree 100 percent.
I'm not sure who is right for the part but...as much as I
like Tom Hanks I just can't see him as the lead in this one.

I have not read the book and I probably won't see the movie, unless it comes on one of my movie channels. I'm tired of hearing about it too. I was tired of hearing about The Passion of Christ as well. I am still waiting to see that one though.
My biggest problem is, how can a movie that has Tom Hanks starring, with Ron Howard directing, be such a bomb as they are saying??

VickiQ said:
Sorry Ishbel-Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie also Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
American actors who have been in every magazine and every tv show

Thanks, VickiQ.... I'm not really au fait with film actors - although of course, I've heard of Brad Pitt and TomCruise - the women are not known to me at all... I don't really read magazines outside my interest areas of history, cooking, current affairs and travel!:)

Back
Top Bottom