"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-13-2006, 09:06 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
For some reason, I kinda feel like dressing up this year but I don't know what I'd be. Aidan wants to be a lion again, like last year, which is fine with me since his costume still fits. I want to dress Callum up but what would I do?
Why not do characters from the Wizard of Oz - you could be the good witch, bad witch, or Dorothy. Callum can be the scarecrow or tin man. My sis did this one year and it was adorable! My 2-year old refuses to wear a costume, it scares him so much. I can't even go down the candy aisle at the grocery store. We returned both costumes we bought for him. Luckily, I found him an orange t-shirt and in black writing it says, "I don't do costumes".

Old 10-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #12
Everymom

I tell people I have the easiest costume in the world and I wear it everyday. I'm a MUMMY!

So, enough of my silliness. For those of you who need an easy costume why not be a bag of jelly beans? Clear garbage bag with holes cut for your legs then fill with dollar store balloons. Or you can be a bunch of grapes. Wear green t shirt and tights and stick purple balloons all over yourself.

Best costume I ever saw was the kid who dressed up as a toilet. He'd open the lid for you to toss in the candy. I loved that one.

Old 10-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #13
Executive Chef

The area I'm in now doesn't allow kids to trick or treat at all. They all go to church, home or recreation center parties.

The first year I was here, I literally bought a ton of candy and not a single trick or treater...
Old 10-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
Head Chef

I usually stay home on Halloween. Since I live in a Condo we only get the kids that live here. We don't let in strangers who buzz us on our intercoms.

I usually keep wrapped for them and they are happy.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf
If so, what will your costume be?

I HATE, HATE to dress up - but this year I am going as something GB talked about in another thread - somewhere. I'm going to dress in white fluffy stuff somehow and carry a squirt bottle (if I can find a hidden squirter I will try to fit it in my costume) - anyway, I'm going as a fluffy cloud - when someone asks me what I am I will say "I'm cloudy" then I will squirt them and say "with a chance of rain" I don't know why but that cracks me up and going as something fluffy will fit me!
Yep, I read GB's post about this costume and it's hilarious! Just get a bag of cotton balls and some glue. I dont usually dress up, I just give out the candy. Daughter is 15, so our days of trick-or-treating are sadly no longer. It's fun to watch the kids come to the door all dressed up. I hardly ever see kids using pillow cases to carry their candy. I used pillow cases and had lots of candy.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #16
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Im going as a bag of spinach.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:24 PM   #17
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Im going as a bag of spinach.
Now THATS a scary costume!