Are you going to dress up this Halloween?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
If so, what will your costume be?

I HATE, HATE to dress up - but this year I am going as something GB talked about in another thread - somewhere. I'm going to dress in white fluffy stuff somehow and carry a squirt bottle (if I can find a hidden squirter I will try to fit it in my costume) - anyway, I'm going as a fluffy cloud - when someone asks me what I am I will say "I'm cloudy" then I will squirt them and say "with a chance of rain" :ROFLMAO: I don't know why but that cracks me up and going as something fluffy will fit me! :neutral:

all I am goin to wear is a pair of pants. that is it/all.

I would LOVE to say what I am going to be, but we are pg-13 here at DC(not that I am complaining).

PM me for details:D

as for the meteorological thing...what IS the difference between "partly cloudy" and "mostly suny" anyways?

I`ll be in an all-in-one white dust suit, with a full face Avon S10 gas mask and nitrile gloves, and white wellies if I can get some, I have a very large Radiation warning sign and near infinate quantities of Fluorescein (that stuff glow green under UV), and so polyprop plastic sheets around my front door :)
I also have a voice changer, and I`ll put a UV light in the porch too.

I don`t know about the Kids, I`ll probably scare the c**p out of the neighbors too <insert evil grin>

TATTRAT said:
as for the meteorological thing...what IS the difference between "partly cloudy" and "mostly suny" anyways?

Partly Cloudy means....mostly sunny:LOL: , seriously

and

mostly sunny means just that, mostly sunny. Now I do not know the difference between the mostly sunny aka party cloudy and mostly sunny:mellow: .

I have a meterology textbook, maybe I will look it up...

and elf. that cracks me up too, with the squirt bottle:ROFLMAO:

Yep, I always do. I'm normally a witch (hubby says that fits me well:rolleyes: ). We're having to change things up a little this year though. I'm taking the kids trick-or-treating & hubby is staying home to hand out candy. Last year I actually had a group of people mistake me for a "decoration"!:LOL: The first pic is from last year & the 2nd one was the year before.

Attachments

• DS2_0940_edited.JPG
    DS2_0940_edited.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 190
  • DS2_0399__2_.JPG
    DS2_0399__2_.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 169
I hate this!! My imagination has plumb wore out and a freind is going to be upset when hubby and I show up sans costume. But I just don't want to sew any more and after years of both Halloween and Mardi Gras, the enthusiasm for the costumes (not for the parties!!!) is just not there. I hope to make up for it with an excellent appetizer which will make him forgive me for my lack of sartorial splendor.

I've never dressed up for Holloween. Costume parties aren't that popular where I'm from. But I know what I'd like to be given the chance -- I'll be Sadako from the movie The Ring (original Japanese version). Sadako is the name of this girl is in a white gown with very long bedraggled black hair covering her entire face, and this hair is just slightly parted down the middle of her face. This scary character had me screaming in broad daylight when I watched that movie at home. :w00t2:

For some reason, I kinda feel like dressing up this year but I don't know what I'd be. Aidan wants to be a lion again, like last year, which is fine with me since his costume still fits. I want to dress Callum up but what would I do?

chopstix, can you do that double jointed crawling thing that sadako does? (not sure if it's in the original version)
that really creeped me out.

i was chasing my son around the house with a sheet over my head last night, like a ghost, and he said that's what he wants to be for haloween this year. but he changes his mind every time he sees a new costume, so i 'm not sure yet. dw wants us to wear the same costumes, so a ghost would work.

lol, this reminds me of the peanuts cartoon when charlie brown cuts too many eye holes in the sheet, so he went as a potato.

corazon90 said:
For some reason, I kinda feel like dressing up this year but I don't know what I'd be. Aidan wants to be a lion again, like last year, which is fine with me since his costume still fits. I want to dress Callum up but what would I do?

Why not do characters from the Wizard of Oz - you could be the good witch, bad witch, or Dorothy. Callum can be the scarecrow or tin man. My sis did this one year and it was adorable! My 2-year old refuses to wear a costume, it scares him so much. I can't even go down the candy aisle at the grocery store. We returned both costumes we bought for him. Luckily, I found him an orange t-shirt and in black writing it says, "I don't do costumes".

I tell people I have the easiest costume in the world and I wear it everyday. I'm a MUMMY!

So, enough of my silliness. For those of you who need an easy costume why not be a bag of jelly beans? Clear garbage bag with holes cut for your legs then fill with dollar store balloons. Or you can be a bunch of grapes. Wear green t shirt and tights and stick purple balloons all over yourself.

Best costume I ever saw was the kid who dressed up as a toilet. He'd open the lid for you to toss in the candy. I loved that one.

The area I'm in now doesn't allow kids to trick or treat at all. They all go to church, home or recreation center parties.

The first year I was here, I literally bought a ton of candy and not a single trick or treater...
47.gif

I usually stay home on Halloween. Since I live in a Condo we only get the kids that live here. We don't let in strangers who buzz us on our intercoms.

I usually keep wrapped for them and they are happy.

kitchenelf said:
If so, what will your costume be?

I HATE, HATE to dress up - but this year I am going as something GB talked about in another thread - somewhere. I'm going to dress in white fluffy stuff somehow and carry a squirt bottle (if I can find a hidden squirter I will try to fit it in my costume) - anyway, I'm going as a fluffy cloud - when someone asks me what I am I will say "I'm cloudy" then I will squirt them and say "with a chance of rain" :ROFLMAO: I don't know why but that cracks me up and going as something fluffy will fit me! :neutral:

Yep, I read GB's post about this costume and it's hilarious! Just get a bag of cotton balls and some glue. I dont usually dress up, I just give out the candy. Daughter is 15, so our days of trick-or-treating are sadly no longer. It's fun to watch the kids come to the door all dressed up. I hardly ever see kids using pillow cases to carry their candy. I used pillow cases and had lots of candy.

Back
Top Bottom