Are you going to watch the new FOX show Hells Kitchen????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you watch the new FOX Show Hells Kitchen...

• Yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
Im surprised anyone would hire a guy like that. I could care less if hes a great chef. If you dont act as a professional, then you dont get a job. Im hoping that someone takes a pan to his head. :angel:

And WELCOME to the forum Alixgirl!!!!:chef:

Last edited:
Ishbel said:
OLut of curiosity.... what has my nation got to do with 'Yelling off of American Idol'?

****'s kitchen is has been through (I think) 3 series over here - the first one was run by Gordon Ramsay. The last one by two other UK chefs, Gary Rhodes and Jean Christop Novelli. Less viewers each series. I think we are 'reality show-ed' out here in the UK!

WOW - how come MY H ell's Kitchen has been censored, but the thread title was allowed?!:mrgreen:

lol sorry to confuse you but, i meant FOX had to put another British guy that yells at ppl like Simon on American Idol. I think its a FOX thing.

Just a thought, but maybe they've done it because the concept for both programmes originated in the UK - and this was a condition for allowing them to franchise the shows?:cool:
I know that Simon Cowell 'owns' a percentage of the idea for Idol - and franchised it to the USA.

If the chef you are talking about is Gordon Ramsay (don't know as we don't have the USA version) then he is a GREAT chef. His restaurants are Michelin starred and I've eaten at his places on a number of occasions. If he IS the British chef, then he's opinionated - but with good reason. And yes, he SWEARS a LOT.... BTW, he's a Scot, like me :cool:

Last edited:
-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Im surprised anyone would hire a guy like that. I could care less if hes a great chef. If you dont act as a professional, then you dont get a job. Im hoping that someone takes a pan to his head. :angel:

And WELCOME to the forum Alixgirl!!!!:chef:

Thanks for the welcome....neighbor.I'm in WI.
Donna :)

if he over does it on the swearing it could ruin the show ratings wise IMO.

kleenex said:
if he over does it on the swearing it could ruin the show ratings wise IMO.

If it IS Gordon Ramsay then believe me - he ALWAYS overdoes the swearing. :cool:

I just watched the show last night. I have no idea who the chef is. Is he really famous?? Has anyone eaten at his restaurant?? It would seem to me that the way he acts, I should orgasim when I eat his food. He's really rough, a bit mean for my taste but I guess if his food is ALL THAT, then he accomplishes his goal...

I did find one thing interesting from the show...that if he has to remake ANY dish at a table, he remakes them all. Does anyone know if this is actually true? Man, it seems like there is a possibility that it would take forever to get your meal...

htc said:
It would seem to me that the way he acts, I should orgasim when I eat his food.
QUOTE]
boy, am i cooking the wrong things. umm, htc, do you eat out often???????????:)

I watched it too. He may be an awesome chef, but he is certainly a Certified Executive Swearer. Half the dialogue was bleeped. Are we to fear/respect him because of this? Not this kid.

So much for another "reality" show. Demographically correct cast of nobodies, willing to endure humiliation on TV for their 15 minutes (or is it seconds now?) of fame, carefully orchestrated by the network and complete with commercial tie-ins. Snore...

Bucky, unfortunately not enough to experience that kind of euphoria :LOL:

On a side note, the kitchen on that show looks really nice. I do wonder if I could endure all the name calling and negative comments. I don't mind the swearing though, since I myself have been known to know more swear words than a lumberjack. :mrgreen:

Swearing per se doesn't bother me either, htc (I can do it in several languages.)

It's just his shtick, IMO, and it's pretty annoying to watch someone who is a "pro" use such sophomoronic (just made that one up) tactics to get people to pay attention to him.

If it is Gordon Ramsay then he IS 'all that'! I've eaten in a couple of his restaurants in London (more than once) and his food is superb.

Swearing is an integral part of the kitchen brigade's lifestyle in the UK and France (don't know about Italy!). It is a tough training, but produces wonderful chefs! And no, I do not swear, don't even like little swear words... :cool:

Ramsay has produced many cookbooks and is also has a food column in The Times newspaper http://www.timesonline.co.uk/section/0,,4382,00.html

I forgive him a lot of things because of his sublime cooking!

Here's a review on his latest restaurant..... so handy for Harrod's! I hope to eat there next time I'm down in London on business
http://www.london-eating.co.uk/17.htm

It is Gordon Ramsey that does the show.
If he is that good of a chef, then good for him may he prosper long.
{but, a jerk is still a jerk} Most people wouldn't put up with his mouth no matter how good he is, he's NOT god.

Ah, but in real life his brigade DO stick with him and are loyal to a man (and woman!) In fact, one of his best trainees, a woman, has become head chef at his restaurant at the Connaught Hotel in London. She appeared on one of his ****'s Kitchen programmes over here - I think it was one they did with celebrities (minor ones, only...!) Any chef that trains with him inevitably goes on to bigger and better things here and in France.

I will give this show a minor thumbs up.

I liked the idea of each person creating a signature dish as the first thing they did on the show. He certainly had some colorful words to describe some of those dishes.

I did not like that they had LESS than one day to get down 15 different recipes before they opened the new restaurant. Good Idea for the show I guess. That never happened in the real world when chef like Bobby Flay opened his las Vegas restaurant.

That certainly killed the quality of the food though, the main reason why Gordon had people do dishes over, easily why people left the place without eating food, any why the restaurant closed early.

I think he can easily be worse than Donald Trump because Gordon is around you more than the Donald is.

Well, then I'll just say this then. Over there, ya'll must have a mild temperment to be able to put up with him, kudos to you.
Over here in Texas,lol, he wouldn't last long.
Some of the guys here would rope him like a cow.
If he has gotten as far as he has with the attitude and hard mouth,and still has the followers ready and eager to learn from him, then he must be good.

After seeing a little of his show and hearinig Ishbel's comments on his food, I would love to try one of his restaurants, if I ever get the chance to.

The head chef in the kitchen I worked in was similar but not quite (I never got a plate of food squashed on my chest and he never made personal attacks (well, almost). When he saw I kept my cool and asked questions after he made some snotty remarks to me he very kindly answered them and then gradually left me alone - I learned A LOT from him!!!! I left work in tears but he didn't see them. When he left he actually said that he learned some things from me and I helped him remember things he had forgotten.

I learned so much from this man that if he had been any different I wouldn't have.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom