Are you going to watch the new FOX show Hells Kitchen????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will you watch the new FOX Show Hells Kitchen...

• Yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Not Sure.

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
Not according to friends who know him.... he's a family man (3 or 4 children) who loves to run in marathons and loves football (soccer, I suspect you call it!) - he was once a player for Glasgow Rangers.

Well I saw the second episode and it was another train wreck for the contestants involved.

The challenge this week was to clean out the inside of a squid , One member from the blue team had to sit out. The red team won the challenge which FORCED the blue team to work the whole shift without air conditioning. Gordon said on the first day at his first job the air conditioning went out after 5 minutes.

The red team won a dinner with Gordon while the Blue team was forced to clean the insides out of more squid.

The contestants on the show STILL do not have enough time to learn the recipes to open the restaurant right. It got so bad at the place that one person CALLED for pizza delivery!!!

Do they even have enough cooks for the amount of seats to serve????

On Next weeks show, one eater throws up!!!!!! I think a fight over another meal takes place as well. Gordon did say one piece of food was too pink on the inside.

This stuff would never happen in the real world.

I wasn't going to watch it, but ,my son came over and turned it on. Actually, once you see what he is all about, I can see why he is so hard on them. The vulgar language is not needed, but, it's funny to see him take up for the teams when the customers start b***ing and he tells them to f off:LOL:

There is going to be a LOT of backstabbing as the first girl that told Dewberry not to worry that he wasn't going anywhere and then turn around and name him to leave!:mad:
I hope she is the next one to leave. Nominating them to go is one thing, but, when you stab someone in the back like that is not right in my book!!

The person that might get the boot next week might be the one that makes the food that gets thrown up.

Gordon Ramsay has another show as well in the UK, Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, where he goes into a struggling restaurant and tries to help them turn their business around. He has a great deal of business acumen, and actually has quite a gentle nature, he seems to adapt his approach according to the personalities he is dealing with. I have learnt a lot by watching his show. I don't really like He ll's Kitchen, I think the concept is a bit tiresome, and I hate all the swearing, but I think he does that because it is his trademark.

He writes a mean cookbook, and his dessert recipes are to die for, I own a couple of his books. His explanations of complex techniques are so good, that you never feel intimidated by the lengthy methods, as he explained everything so well. His wife has just started writing for the English version of the Italian magazine Grazia. She is so down to earth and practical, a great foil for him I think.

I always thought he was an arrogant so and so, but he has earnt the right, at least in this country, to be arrogant. If you are the best, and know you are, does that make you arrogant or just right????

Personally, I love the show - even if it's a bit obvious that the arguments with the 'customers' are staged.

Gordon Ramsey is a total perfectionist - and he won't waste time on people who haven't got a passion for good food, and can't be bothered to put in the time and effort needed to serve a customer with a perfect dish. He usually only checks the dishes just as they are about to go out to a diner - if you have been a lazy chef and have allowed a substandard dish to get onto that tray, then you are in REAL trouble. If you are going to be any sort of decent chef, then it's your responsibility to make sure that dish is perfect before it goes out to the customer - that's what Gordon Ramsey gets the most angry about - lazy chefs who don't care. If you've ever taught anyone, you can appreciate what a pain it is to try to teach someone who just isn't willing to put in any effort in return to learn....like the lazy student who is just content to pass with a 'C' when they are quite capable of getting an 'A' if they would just care enough to put some time and effort in...someone who has the potential to be great, but is quite content to remain mediocre.

The contestants on the programme get cooking lessons from Ramsey during the day, so it's not as if they are trying to cook things that they haven't been taught to.

For the contestant that can concentrate on detail, can learn from their mistakes and who has the determination to perfect their art - then they will have had the priviledge to have learned from the greatest chef in Britain, and will be assured of a successful future. It's one heck of a prize, even without the restaurant thrown in!

BTW, the swearing amuses me......simply because there are a some VERY bad British swearwords that the Fox network doesn't recognise, and so doesn't bleep out LOL!

I look forward to the programme every week :)

Paint.

It looks from the promo for next week Paint they do the worst job yet on a couple dishes.

i wasnt going to. then i saw the end of it and now im hooked.

they are competing for their own restaurant, and it does add ratings, so i can see the language.

Last edited:
Well I think the teams from the promos are finally going to do some good work next week.

I also thought the promo for the pucking incident was more wild than what we saw during thew show last night. What a rip off.

For the first time they made it through the night. The Red team served every single table what they wanted.

Pardon my ignorance... I didn't see it.

Admin, feel free to remove this thread if you see fit to.

middie said:
from the looks of it i don't like him already.

Ya know, if these people can't handle someone like this dude screaming at them they certainly won't be able to handle "investors" at their 'new restaurant'.

He's just giving them a sample of what he goes through on a daily basis, I'm sure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom