Are you on any other boards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is exactly the reason why both politics and religion are both banned here. It is almost impossible to discuss either online without it turning nasty. We made a decision early on that we would do whatever it takes to preserve the happy friendly environment here that the members created and it was obvious very quickly that to do that we had to ban politics and religion, even if the majority of people here could talk about them in a respectful way.

argue with everyone is an extreme , i am sure. lots of egos involved there. i am a little like a dog with a snake. i know it is deadly but i am drawn to see just how deadly. unless you have seen the site, it is hard to believe it is as bad as it is.

babe:ohmy:

Just this forum. I used to be on Daily Strength but there are several nasty people there that love to attack others (bad thing for a support forum) and the mod/admin wouldn't do anything about it until it turned into a brawl. Then he would just delete the entire thread but not warn or sanction anyone. It was a mess by the time I left and most of the good people just sent messages to each other and didn't even post in the threads anymore.

Most of my time (too much of it!) is spent here, but I also belong to CCOA (Cooking Club of America--Life Member), German Shepherd Dogs Forum, Treasure Quest (metal detecting), Online-Sweepstakes, Writer's Digest Forums, and UCCW (Union County Christian Women--local). I also belong to a couple writing groups.

:)Barbara

I participate in a number of forums (fora?) that are for people with an interest in Mexico (mexconnect.com) and the Puerto Vallarta area (allvallarta.com and vallartascene.com) and we have a local (Bucerias) Yahoo group. Such a good way to exchange information...

Ill have to show that to my wife, she has been crocheting for 30 + years, and has won several contests. I think she may enjoy being a member of something like that .

What was funny was that when she entered the contest, many of the other contestants were literally 40 - 50 years older than her. So they wern't thrilled when they saw this ' kid' actually win a few blue ribbons. She hasnt entered since because she figured she did it once, and thats it. Now its just baby gifts for everyone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom