Are you on any other boards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hang out with some other former and current ebay sellers
and visit a kayaking forum every now and then.

Fedora forum
SmoothWall
Ubuntu
The green button
After dawn
Sapphire technologies
rage3d

and a few others

Fedora forum
SmoothWall
Ubuntu
The green button
After dawn
Sapphire technologies
rage3d

and a few others
Man, I'm fed up with both Fedora and Ubuntu! My old computer crashed and we had to replace the motherboard. The new one won't support windows so I've had a heck of a time trying to get a decent media player to run. Well. DH has. I don't know anything about it.

Anyway...I'm on Babytalkers, Hostparent, and Celiac forums.

Man, I'm fed up with both Fedora and Ubuntu! My old computer crashed and we had to replace the motherboard. The new one won't support windows so I've had a heck of a time trying to get a decent media player to run. Well. DH has. I don't know anything about it.

Anyway...I'm on Babytalkers, Hostparent, and Celiac forums.

i dont like fedora becasue its considered "Bleeding Edge" and usually does not work for me. Ubuntu is pretty good and i use it most of the time for what i need. except i cant get wifi to work on it. I also dont use it for media..

what Motherboard do you have that wont support windows..

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe. I don't know anything about it except I think this one was used because they don't sell them new for under $200. The first one crashed, as I mentioned before, and we had to get the same kind or replace everything in the computer because the parts would be incompatible with a different motherboard. Anyway, the old one supported Windows. Either this one was defective or my husband "broke" it. He likes to play with Ubuntu anyway. I just don't like it.

It supports windows for sure.. i have used that board hundreds of times.. is the old pc a totally awesome pc? because when i worked there, thats what we used all the time.. If Ubuntu installed onto the hard drive then windows can. bare in mind you will have to reinstall windows if it is not the exact same mobo..

before i found dc i spent way to much time on the forum"argue with everyone"

basically a political site. however the majority of members are just nuts.they allow bad (really bad) language and insulting each other. an extreme site for an old granny.

go there once in a while if really bored. at the moment they seem to have a lot of people that hate jewish people.

babe:wacko::wacko:

I wish people could talk politics civilly. I don't know why they can't. I know of very few people with the talent of not getting offended when someone disagrees with their political view. I guess that's why it's banned on this board, eh?

I know of very few people with the talent of not getting offended when someone disagrees with their political view. I guess that's why it's banned on this board, eh?
That is exactly the reason why both politics and religion are both banned here. It is almost impossible to discuss either online without it turning nasty. We made a decision early on that we would do whatever it takes to preserve the happy friendly environment here that the members created and it was obvious very quickly that to do that we had to ban politics and religion, even if the majority of people here could talk about them in a respectful way.

With a little guidance from some people in GB's the pit I found that starting a smaller forum was an easier and cheaper way to stay in touch with my friends who are far away :) than sending confusing group emails or writing things out dozens of times!

this is the nice place i come to ...
all the others are pretty juvenile when i think about
it ..

Back
Top Bottom