Are you planting ornamental plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 2 Barberry bushes, 4 lilacs, 2 hybrid poplars, 2 climbing roses to get into the ground. It's a windy 49°F with scattered showers out today...too wet and cold to work outdoors today.

LOVE the 'Kangaroo Paws', Kay. What a great burst of color!

Princess...sorry to hear the weather isn't cooperating when you're all set to go out and plant. Hopefully it'll clear up soon for ya. :)

I have a Cecile Brunner climbing rosebush that I dearly love. It's about 15 years old and on a trellis against the fence in the back yard. It's about 8' wide by 10' high, until the yard crew cuts it back in winter. Unfortunately, it has a short blooming season - late March/early April. It's already done blooming for the year.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...bing+rose&fr=yset_ie_syc_oracle-s&fr2=piv-web

LOVE the 'Kangaroo Paws', Kay. What a great burst of color!

Princess...sorry to hear the weather isn't cooperating when you're all set to go out and plant. Hopefully it'll clear up soon for ya. :)

I have a Cecile Brunner climbing rosebush that I dearly love. It's about 15 years old and on a trellis against the fence in the back yard. It's about 8' wide by 10' high, until the yard crew cuts it back in winter. Unfortunately, it has a short blooming season - late March/early April. It's already done blooming for the year.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...bing+rose&fr=yset_ie_syc_oracle-s&fr2=piv-web

OHHHH Cheryl, you just brought back a lovely old memory of my grandparents pink Cecile Brunner climbing rosebush, right here in Santa Paula. I was a little girl and it was sooo beautiful with those delicate little pink roses. Mom would pick them to make a hair wreath complete with ribbon streamers for my elementary school May Day processions to lay flowers at the foot of the school's statue of the Virgin Mary every May 1st. :flowers:

Neat plant, Kay! I usually wait until the week before Mother's Day to purchase my ornamentals, as here in the Midwest, Mother Nature is notoriously schizophrenic.

The locally owned garden center I frequent always has a nice variety of coleus and New Guinea impatiens, and one of my faves, Magilla Perilla. I've cut way back on the annuals I used to plant, my perennials have pretty much taken over all the gardens, which is fine with me.

Love climbing roses. I have a Blaze and a couple of Zephrine Drouhins that do fine in the shade.

Last edited:
Kay, what a nice memory about the Cecile Brunners from your childhood!

Dawg...OMGosh, I just LOVE coleus. I haven't had much luck with them outside for very long - must be the heat here - but they're also beautiful houseplants.

The only ornamentals I'm planting really aren't. Bright Lights swiss chard. Colorful, pretty and edible!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom