Are You Really What Your T-Shirt Says?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
so now i'm old and boring. :huh:

yeah, probably, bucky, but you're still funny :mrgreen:

To answer Trish, most of the tshirts I still wear are the oldies - BBQ team (indestructible, about half a dozen, two different teams), Run For St. Jude, and HH's many Pentagon Renovation project ones.

I wore out the "Pork and the Havana Ducks - A Big Name Band" one a couple of years ago. The "Do It In Concrete" one is gonna have to go to the ragbag pretty soon.

Sweatshirts - still wearing one I bought years ago in Pensacola visiting my lowly-lieutenant sis about Navy flyboys, and my Master Gardener zip-up hooded one with the pockets, plus the one with the polar bears my friend Paul got me eons ago while skiing in Colorado.

Looking forward, I'm finding I eschew logos and sayings of any kind. You're just gonna hafta get to know me to find out what I stand for.

I think I mentioned this in the "What did Santa Bring You" thread, but it bears repeating:

my friends, Tammy and Jack, got me a T that says "THE GRILLER" in very large letters; below that, in smaller letters, it says "if you can't stand the heat, go get me a beer".

Yep, they've got me figured out, alright! :angel:

--J

My favorite t-shirt is an all-black number, which in really, really, small print (so small that you have to be within 12" of the shirt to read it), says "Nosy little f***er, aren't you?" Of course, it's NOT censored. I bought it 10 years ago at a t-shirt shop at the big mall on the waterfront in the French Quarter of N'Awlins (the same mall that was hit with a large ship years ago). In that time, only two people have ever caught on to what it says, and they both cracked up laughing.

I have a couple more t-shirts that PeppA got for me recently. One is a grey number with "Starfleet Academy" and the official logo. The other is an all-white t-shirt with blue text that has "CSI" on top and in smaller print, says, "Can't Stand Idiots" below. I've actually had people think I'm a real CSI when I wear it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom