Are You Really What Your T-Shirt Says?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Finally started putting some of the warm-weather stuff away (don't start....).

I have waaaaaaaaay too many t-shirts with logos and sayings on them.

Why did I buy them in the first place? Am I still that person? Do I need new brands to tell the world about now-me? Does anyone really care?

We care. What shirt do you have the most fits the "now" you?

I have a sweat shirt that I just got for Christmas... it came with the microsoft name on it and I took it in to the sewing shop and had "WIFE" added. So the "now" me is a Microsoft Wife.

This is my very favorite and very worn out T.
img_212847_0_71fe0ceedbdd50e82b9b611ea2cc14c8.gif

Can I interest you in a few more, mud?

(I can only do one at a time... I'll be back)

My t-shirts either have wolves on them, or are from Big Dog Clothing. Got a couple football too. Planning on getting some more BD shirts!

Seriously, I don't like T-shirts that say anything on them. My only one, & favorite is a Hard Rock T-shirt. It used to have sentamental value, but now it's just comfy.

There are a few t-shirts that i didn't get yet (gotta wait til payday)

one says " I let my mind wander... it never came back "

the other says " If you choke a Smurf what color do they turn "

I got my last T-shirt at a women's retreat with my church last summer. It is hot pink and says (in white print), "One of a kind PRINCESS, Daughter of the King." :cool:

When my grandson was born I found a cute onesies outfit that was white and said "Got Milk?" (It came in a little milk carton). I just happened to find a T-shirt for my daughter that said "Got Cookies?" I was hoping to get a picture of them together in their outfits, but I never did. :(

:) Barbara

uh oh, 'bug is having a self-realization crisis!!!

just leave some chocolate, don't break eye contact, and back away slowly.
if she bluff charges, you don't have to outrun her, just the people you're with...:)

lol, bug, i went thru the same things a few years ago. if you read me by my shirts, i was a beer swigging guy, into skiing, camping, sk8'ing, the jersey shore, florida beaches, the binary number system, the periodic table of the elements, and hooters.

the last few years, i started to buy plain t shirts only with small logos, like nike, reebok, polo, nautica and the like on the chest. nothing to read, no opinions, nothing provocative.
so now i'm old and boring. :huh:

Last edited:
middie said:

Did Steven Wright say these? Sounds awfully like him...:)

My favourite shirt writing ever was the personal autograph from David Robinson while I was in San Antonio Texas... He was really a sweet down to earth guy, always nice to everyone despite the perpetual overwhelming attention he was getting everywhere he went. He was nice enough to personalize the autograph, to add "To Charlie" (my nickname before I came to Italy was always Charlie). I couldn't bear washing it, so after wearing it a several times it graced my personal "wall of fame" for years...

I had a coworker who on a casual Friday wore a tshirt that on the front it said "I am a virgin" - on the back it said "this is a very old tshirt". She was sent home to change. I don't wear clothing with any message at all and try not to wear any with a logo. I don't see why I should pay to advertise for someone. I do have a few tshirts with scenes painted on the front, but they are mostly for wearing around the house. I've been thinking about having a picture of my grandchildren put on a shirt - would that be too silly?

Originally Posted by middie

Did Steven Wright say these? Sounds awfully like him...:)

ur i don't know. i just seen the shirts and decided that i wanted them

Most of my shirts are Jimmy Buffett related, or some kind of coastal/surf type theme, but two of my favorites are basic black or dark blue.

"Still plays with cars"

and

"As a matter of fact, the world does revolve around me."

It's strange, but for some reason most of my t-shirts seem to have something to do with either bars or beer. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be...:angel:

John

ronjohn55 said:
It's strange, but for some reason most of my t-shirts seem to have something to do with either bars or beer. I can't for the life of me figure out why that would be...:angel:

John
lol:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

My teenager wears one that says "I do my own stunts" and another that says "The flying monkeys stole my homework"

I have a pink one that says "God Chick"

I've always liked this saying too:

I%20live%20in%20%20my%20own%20little%20world.jpg

I always had to play on the skins teams, Remember back when it was Shirts and Skins ?
Ok I am older than some of you ! I just haven't found a Cool enough shirt to fit yet. Closest one is CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom