Are you smoker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
outstanding msalper!!! keep up the good work. im up to 33 days...and it definately got alot easer arount the 18-20 day mark.

i dont even think about em now. you will get there!!!!!

That's great msalper! They say that it takes 21-30 days to break an old habit or form a new one--You're well on the way!

:) Barbara

I smoke a pack of Camel Lights a day and I HATE IT! HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT! The few times I've tried to quit nobody wanted to be around me, I was on a hair trigger. I'm super proud of everyone who has quit, whenever I try I fail miserably. Ohio is starting a program for 8 weeks worth of free patches for anyone that wants them but I've never tried it. The people I know that have used them say they have gotten really sick and I don't really need that. Raine is right, I'll probably get scared out of smoking, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Damp other people might have gotten sick from the patch, but plenty of people do not get sick from it. Give it a try since it is free. The worst case scenario is it makes you sick for a short time. If that happens then you will know right away and can discontinue use. Think of it this way. The cigs you are smoking every day are making you sick too. It is just a slower process. I know you can do it man!

Cigars

I'm 52 and I've been smoking cigars since I was 18.

I enjoy the taste, the slow pleasure of it all.
A friend just brought me back 3 boxes of Monte Christos from Spain :) .

To me, a good meal should always end with a smoke.

I always ask the table next to me in a restaurant if I may smoke.

I am aware of the health issues involved, but am not bothered about the impact of 2 or 3 cigars a week.
Cigarettes, that's something else...

Best regards,
Alex R.

Damp.
DH tried the patch twice each time he broke out in a rash but then he is alergic to tape.

As a lot of you may remember he had 2/3 of his upper left lung removed last Sept. Thought to be cancer but the two nodules tested neg. they have no idea what it was...I think it was Agent Orange since he was with the Marines in Viet Nam when it was being sprayed.

Did he quit smoking?? NO! :mad: after a scare like that I would have if I smoked...
Dove

I quit smoking a year ago August 3rd. You don't need pills or patches, Gum or Tooth picks do help for the short haul wintergreen mint helps best. It will be hard for the first 28 days after that only once in a while. I was a Deep Smoker for 20 years ! But I only smoked 3/4 to a pack most days. Beleive in yourself because you can do it. Remember you only cheat yourself if you hide it. Find someone who is around you all the time and have them hold you accountible. You Can Do It !:):cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom