Argh!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
My flight to Seattle/Tacoma for today was canceled. I don't get to fly out until tommorow. I was supposed to do things with my daughter tomorrow. Now I can't. But at least the rest of the week, leading to the wedding will be Ok. I just want to see my kids.

Ok. I'm done complaining now.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well now you have an extra day to hang out here and teach us all sorts of great new stuff!!!

In our church, there are preperatory items that need to be done before the actual marriage. I was supposed to be there tomorrow to be with my baby daughter to get those things done. She can do them without me, but it was supposed to be an incredible experience for her, me, and my wife. Now it will be her and my wife. She called me with tears, which of course made my eyes go all watery.

There wsa nothing that could be done about getting another, earlier flight as bad weather has moved in to Chicago and the airport cancelled the flights. Not much is flying into or out of Ohare today.

I'll still be there for the marriage, and to support my daughter, but I'm missing one of the milestones in her life. And yeh, I'm bummed about it. My family is everything to me. And this one's my baby.

Well, I have to stop thinking about this and get my mind onto more positive things.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I'm sorry to hear that Goodweed. At least it is only a layover of one day! It could have been alot longer. Just think, you still get to spend a whole week with your daughter :) That alone shouldn't get you down.

Darn! I'd be really upset too! Your daughter is mighty lucky to have a dad that loves her so much.

It's hard not to love my daughter, or any of my kids for that matter. Just ask their spouses, and my future son-in-law. They'll tell you. I've great great kids.

But my youngest, well she's a self-confirmed Daddy's Girl, I'm I'm Dad. Do I have to say anything more than that.

I was able to give my son a warning. He is big hearted toward his own family, just like me. He couldn't say no to his wife if a gun were pointed at his head to do so. She loves him and he loves her. Now, he's got a baby, a little girl due to be born in August. I told him his life as he knew it is now over. He has a wife he adores, and is gonna be a dad. His wife has him wrapped around her finger, and his daughter will do the same, even before she knows how. He now belongs to the women of his house.

He laughed at that, but knows it's too true.:LOL:

;)for you, gw:

istockphoto_3923026_sealing_wax_stamp.jpg
or:

Thread_PTFE_Sealing_Tapes.jpg

or even:

:)

i hope your not missing the sealing.

j/k.

i kinda know how you feel. so far, i've been able to be there for everything my boy has done, from his first burp, to his first play in school.

i hope to be able to continue that throughout his life, but i know that might not be possible. i'll be sad the day i won't be there for/with him, much like the way you feel about your baby girl.

in any case, i hope that i'll be able to look back someday, and know that i was at least a half as good a dad to my son as you've been to your children.

good luck on your flight, and try not to cry so much on the tux, ok? it shows up on white.

;)for you, gw:

istockphoto_3923026_sealing_wax_stamp.jpg
or:

Thread_PTFE_Sealing_Tapes.jpg

or even:

:)

i hope your not missing the sealing.

j/k.

i kinda know how you feel. so far, i've been able to be there for everything my boy has done, from his first burp, to his first play in school.

i hope to be able to continue that throughout his life, but i know that might not be possible. i'll be sad the day i won't be there for/with him, much like the way you feel about your baby girl.

in any case, i hope that i'll be able to look back someday, and know that i was at least a half as good a dad to my son as you've been to your children.

good luck on your flight, and try not to cry so much on the tux, ok? it shows up on white.

You're a good man BT. And your boy knows it, and I knows it, and your wife knows it, and my next door neighbor knows it, and that guy plowin' his corn field in Iowa knows it and... :LOL: Why, your downright famous. Just look at your karma points. And if when your boy turns into a teen, and doesn't give you the respect you deserve, you just come and get me. I know some tricks of the trade, so to speak. Or instance, has he ever had to sleep outside, in a ten, in sub-zero weather? My kids have. Oh, wait, I was there with them. It was a winter camp-out adventure. Nope, you can't threaten him with that.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I'm sorry you are missing out on this part of your baby's wedding experience. She's lucky to have you for a dad.

I wish you and your family the very best for the rest of the wedding and the future.

Thanks Andy, and everyone. This isn't as great a loss as many of our fellow D.C. members have had recently. But it is an important even in the lives of our daughter, and us. It feels like it did when I had to go to sea while in the U.S. Navy for 6 months. It kind of devastates you for a bit. Then, you get on with everything and take care of your family in spite of the seperation.

Goodweed, I'm sorry you and your daughter aren't together, today. You're in her heart and you know she knows. That's not the same as being there, but the "Big Daddy" is watching over both of you.

Good luck, God Bless, and Be Safe.

Awwww, Goodweed, this really bites. It's the part I hate about kids growing up - there are times that we are separated by physical distance and miss things we would never have missed when they were small. I know you are longing to be there with your baby for every second of this new chapter in her life. All I can say is that I'm sure she's longing for you, too, but when you finally arrive, it will all fall away.

I can't even imagine how it must feel to gaze on your daughter, a beautiful bride, pledging her heart and her life to her husband! I'm sure it's an exquisite mixture of pride and heartache. Of course, we expect many pictures and every detail when you get back.

After that, you can always do what I did - just have another kid! It solves that whole grown-up kid thing for at least another 20 years!

... After that, you can always do what I did - just have another kid! It solves that whole grown-up kid thing for at least another 20 years!

Um, er, grandkids will fill the "I need to have youngun's around me" niche quite nicely. Starting with another baby at 52 would mean I'd have to contend with a teen by 65 and I just don't think I'd have the ability to give that youngster the energy and experiences that only a loving and younger father can provide. I could easlily provide the love, but I'm afraid that boy or girl, they'd wrestly me to the ground too easily and then, I'd be in trouble.:LOL:

My kids couldn't take me down, even when they ganged up on me all at once, until the oldest was into her twenties, with two brothers and a younger sister not far behind, and even then, they still needed their Mom's help. I was king by right and my might. At 65, I'm afraid I just wouldn't cut the mustard. And so, I'll let them have the kids and I'll be the best grandpa ever.:mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom