"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #1
Master Chef

Argh!

My flight to Seattle/Tacoma for today was canceled. I don't get to fly out until tommorow. I was supposed to do things with my daughter tomorrow. Now I can't. But at least the rest of the week, leading to the wedding will be Ok. I just want to see my kids.

Ok. I'm done complaining now.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:09 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Well now you have an extra day to hang out here and teach us all sorts of great new stuff!!!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #3
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
Well now you have an extra day to hang out here and teach us all sorts of great new stuff!!!
Ok. So what do you want to know? If I can help, I'm willing.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Old 05-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Master Chef

In our church, there are preperatory items that need to be done before the actual marriage. I was supposed to be there tomorrow to be with my baby daughter to get those things done. She can do them without me, but it was supposed to be an incredible experience for her, me, and my wife. Now it will be her and my wife. She called me with tears, which of course made my eyes go all watery.

There wsa nothing that could be done about getting another, earlier flight as bad weather has moved in to Chicago and the airport cancelled the flights. Not much is flying into or out of Ohare today.

I'll still be there for the marriage, and to support my daughter, but I'm missing one of the milestones in her life. And yeh, I'm bummed about it. My family is everything to me. And this one's my baby.

Well, I have to stop thinking about this and get my mind onto more positive things.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Head Chef

I'm sorry to hear that Goodweed. At least it is only a layover of one day! It could have been alot longer. Just think, you still get to spend a whole week with your daughter :) That alone shouldn't get you down.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Darn! I'd be really upset too! Your daughter is mighty lucky to have a dad that loves her so much.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:47 PM   #7
Master Chef

It's hard not to love my daughter, or any of my kids for that matter. Just ask their spouses, and my future son-in-law. They'll tell you. I've great great kids.

But my youngest, well she's a self-confirmed Daddy's Girl, I'm I'm Dad. Do I have to say anything more than that.

I was able to give my son a warning. He is big hearted toward his own family, just like me. He couldn't say no to his wife if a gun were pointed at his head to do so. She loves him and he loves her. Now, he's got a baby, a little girl due to be born in August. I told him his life as he knew it is now over. He has a wife he adores, and is gonna be a dad. His wife has him wrapped around her finger, and his daughter will do the same, even before she knows how. He now belongs to the women of his house.

He laughed at that, but knows it's too true.

Old 05-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

for you, gw:

or:

or even:

i hope your not missing the sealing.

j/k.

i kinda know how you feel. so far, i've been able to be there for everything my boy has done, from his first burp, to his first play in school.

i hope to be able to continue that throughout his life, but i know that might not be possible. i'll be sad the day i won't be there for/with him, much like the way you feel about your baby girl.

in any case, i hope that i'll be able to look back someday, and know that i was at least a half as good a dad to my son as you've been to your children.

good luck on your flight, and try not to cry so much on the tux, ok? it shows up on white.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
for you, gw:

or:

or even:

i hope your not missing the sealing.

j/k.

i kinda know how you feel. so far, i've been able to be there for everything my boy has done, from his first burp, to his first play in school.

i hope to be able to continue that throughout his life, but i know that might not be possible. i'll be sad the day i won't be there for/with him, much like the way you feel about your baby girl.

in any case, i hope that i'll be able to look back someday, and know that i was at least a half as good a dad to my son as you've been to your children.

good luck on your flight, and try not to cry so much on the tux, ok? it shows up on white.
You're a good man BT. And your boy knows it, and I knows it, and your wife knows it, and my next door neighbor knows it, and that guy plowin' his corn field in Iowa knows it and... Why, your downright famous. Just look at your karma points. And if when your boy turns into a teen, and doesn't give you the respect you deserve, you just come and get me. I know some tricks of the trade, so to speak. Or instance, has he ever had to sleep outside, in a ten, in sub-zero weather? My kids have. Oh, wait, I was there with them. It was a winter camp-out adventure. Nope, you can't threaten him with that.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Old 05-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
Certified Pretend Chef

Goodweed, I'm sorry you are missing out on this part of your baby's wedding experience. She's lucky to have you for a dad.

I wish you and your family the very best for the rest of the wedding and the future.