"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-23-2006, 05:10 AM   #21
Sous Chef

We will definately keep her in our prayers.

~ Raven ~

A great nation is not built in a lifetime, but in the lifetimes of many. - Support our troops.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Vicki, the prayers are flowing your way...............

Old 06-23-2006, 09:29 AM   #23
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiQ
<<I don't believe in luck, so I won't wish it upon her. Instead, I pray that she will have the strength and courage to battle both the anorexia, and the societal pressures, real or imagined, that are the root cause of this behavior.>>

(((Goodweed))) I'm not much of a believer in luck either .I believe we all have a journey here that we chose to travel but, sometimes we get off course or life throws us a curve and we have to choose a path to follow- sometimes it's the wrong path- after the death of my oldest son almost 7 years ago- Kiersten chose to control or deal with the situation by starving herself- it has taken this long for her to decide to get choose a less destructive path. As much as I have hate seeing her suffer these past 7 years - it ultimately had to be her choice to deal with this situation in not such a destructive manner.I so much appreciate your wishes of courage and strength to get the proper treatment for a more positive journey.Thnak you so much for your kind words. Love and energy, Vicki
In 1994 I too lost my brother & best friend. I won't go into details about how he died but it was sudden and tragic. It took me so many years to finally accept his death. I blamed myself many a times and there was no reason too its just that I was left behind and he (my fathers only son) was gone. He was the first person close to me that died and it was one of the worst experiences in my life. The first 2 years were horrific.......in fact, I should of seeked professional help and its a miracle I'm hear today. It was my dear close friends and the good Lord that got me through it. As years went by thoughts of his death didn't consume my everyday. It took me a good 5 years to where finally, days turned into weeks. I still think of him all the time but only of the good times. In fact, when I do something stupid I always say, "You probably got a kick out of that one didn't you".....and I can hear him laugh in my head. I am able to push that horrible night out of my thoughts now by asking God to take the negative thoughts away.

I shared this with you so that maybe she too felt the same thing as I did. It may give you some insight. It sounds like she may be ready to finally accept his death and get on with her own life. Ultimately, the choice to succeed is all up to her but with you and your families love/support she'll get through this. I'll def. continue to pray for her and your family. I wish her peace within herself, the strength to overcome this struggle in life and the wisdom to turn to God, family and friends to help her get through this.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:47 AM   #24
Sous Chef

(((Sizz)))Your words mean alot. Jymm was her hero-sometimes I think she's still stuck in a 12 year old frame of mind in her grief but, that is why she has been in counseling since his death- but, as you said she probably wasn't ready to let it go.Thank you so much for sharing SO much of yourself here.Kiersten is now on her way to the treatment center- her Dad is bringing her at her request-she said it would be to hard for her to say good-bye to me there.(((Sizz)))May you always continue to feel your brother's presenceand know that he is always with you.Love and energy, Vicki
Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #25
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
Vicki - love and prayers are coming your way. Depend on those around you (and here) for strength.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Sizz, it must have taken some courage to share such a personal story, but it happens often that it takes someone who had to go through the similar experience personally to truly relate. I am glad that you had the strength to pull through, and became the better person for it. Your brother must be proud of you somewhere up there.

And Vicki, keep on reminding Kiersten that Jym would be very sad to see her in this state, and it would make him so happy and proud if she can regain her healthy self. It takes a person with positive, big heart to be involved in volunteer work with kids in need like she does, and now it is time to put that wonderful heart a bit more into herself, too. I will be thinking of you guys, keep your chin up and keep smiling!! Love and Energy right back to you!!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:10 AM   #27
Master Chef

Thanks Vicki and Urm! Sometimes I think we have to open up in order to help a fellow human being in times of hardship. If my experience and words can help a person then by all means its worth sharing. Please keep us posted Vicki. I'm not sure if Kiersten knows you've shared this with all of us......but if she does and its ok I'd love for you to PM me an address where I can send her a little card for encouragement/strength to let her know that her circle of support extends farther than she ever imagined.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:39 PM   #28
Sous Chef

My Prayers are added. May God Bless.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Vicki, hope you and your family pull through this. We are all here rooting for you.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
praying :)