Asking for some prayers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
My daughter Kiersten has been fighting anorexia for the past 7 years (she will be 19 on July 7).She has been in and out of treatment programs-out mostly because she quit. She has decided to check herself into an inpatient facility as medically she is declining rapidly-and she has decided enough is enough and she does not want this disease taking over her life anymore.She will be admitted tomorrow and is signing a contract that she may not leave for 20 days.I am asking everyone everywhere who believes in a higher power to pray that she follows through this time and will be able to overcome this demon. Thank you in advance.Much love and energy to you all,Vicki

Prayers going up for not only her but for you whole family! Stay strong Vicki..........the good Lord will get you through this if you lean on him.

thats tough, at least she is taking the step. I truly hope she sticks to it. alot of people don't realize the danger and health risk involved when someone is TRULY a hardcore "addicted" anorexic.

I will be thinking of you both Vicki. The good news is that it sounds like she is ready for a change. That is the first step. She will get there with your love and support.

Vicki, many many prayers for kiersten,for you and your whole family. I know how hard this is.I'm glad Kiersten has decided to fight, with a loving family like yours she already has an advantage.It's a long hard battle, but she can overcome it..Know that you can come here anytime for hugs, an ear,a shoulder.
hugs, the Lords love,
kadesma

Oh Vicki!! Your girl looks so lovely in the pictures you posted, I never realized she had such a serious problem!! I have been close to someone who were going through the same thing at about the same age (she was 17), I have seen first hand how hard it can be. It takes lots and lots of strength and courage, even if she desperately wants to change, this illness can have an awful grip over her. To fight against it she also needs even more love and support than anyone can imagine, but I am sure she doesn't lack it from you and her entire family.
I really wish you and Kiersten all the best, and for the power to defeat this monster be with you. You guys will be in my thoughs!!

Big, big (((Hugs)))

Stay strong, Vickie. I'll be wishing the best for you and your daughter. As GB said, she's taken a courageous first step. I hope she only gets better from here.

Kudos to her for taking that big big step. Its not easy to admit you have a problem, and tougher still to find the correct help for it. Vicky, you and your family will be in my prayers. Hang in there, we are here to support you however we can.

Vicki, you most definately have prayers from me!! She has admitted the disease and has asked for help. By signing the contract, she is showing that she is ready to fight and conquer it this time. Keep us posted on how she is doing. Tell her she has people from all over the world praying for her recovery!! God bless you Vicki and Kiersten!!

I can't tell all of you how much I appreciate your love and prayers.The tears I have now are from all the positive energy you have sent us instead of the tears of helplessness of watching another child of mine struggle in this life.This is going to be yet another rough and bumpy road for this family but, I am grateful I can come here for support.Thak you all again. With much lov and energy, Vicki

Vicki, I will be saying a prayer for your daughter and your family.

This is such a hard problem. I know someone who fought bulemia. Both anorexia and bulemia are eating disorders caused by psycological pressures. I have prayed, and will continue to pray on her behalf, and on yours as well. It's so hard watching someone you love go through such destructive behavior, and know that they are suffering. I wish I had the answers, but each of us must find ways to fight our own demons, with the help of, as you said it, a Higher Power.

I don't believe in luck, so I won't wish it upon her. Instead, I pray that she will have the strength and courage to battle both the anorexia, and the societal pressures, real or imagined, that are the root cause of this behavior.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

The first step is admitting there's a problem, which she did.
That's great ! I'm sending you thoughts and prayers. I really believe she will overcome this obstacle in her life.

<<I don't believe in luck, so I won't wish it upon her. Instead, I pray that she will have the strength and courage to battle both the anorexia, and the societal pressures, real or imagined, that are the root cause of this behavior.>>

(((Goodweed))) I'm not much of a believer in luck either .I believe we all have a journey here that we chose to travel but, sometimes we get off course or life throws us a curve and we have to choose a path to follow- sometimes it's the wrong path- after the death of my oldest son almost 7 years ago- Kiersten chose to control or deal with the situation by starving herself- it has taken this long for her to decide to get choose a less destructive path. As much as I have hate seeing her suffer these past 7 years - it ultimately had to be her choice to deal with this situation in not such a destructive manner.I so much appreciate your wishes of courage and strength to get the proper treatment for a more positive journey.Thnak you so much for your kind words. Love and energy, Vicki

Last edited:
Thank you Middie-she is an extraordinary young woman-she works with handicapped children on a volunteer basis.She reaches out to those less fortunate and makes their days brighter- and up until now - she couldn't help herself.

you and your daughter are in my thoughts.sending prayers your way!

Back
Top Bottom