At least I could do something right today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
I made Raspberry flavoured candy just a couple minutes ago. They turned out quite well.

The stuff I had time to put knife marks in are on the right, the stuff I had to break by hand are on the left.

Also here are the apple candies I did at work yesterday.

Attachments

• raspberrycandy.jpg
    raspberrycandy.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
  • applecandy.jpg
    applecandy.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 103
Very cool gobo!!!!!! You've got quite a passion for candy making. What else do have your sites set on as far as candy making? What's something you really want to try, but, haven't yet?

Gobo,
those look so good.. Makes me want to try making some myself, since I can't try yours:)
kadesma

Gobo.... can you make old fashioned ribbon candy? (does anyone else remember this?)

I can't seem to find it anymore.

We would have it at Christmas, and not only was it so beautiful to look at, (there are glass/crystalSmiths who fashion objects d'art to resemble these candies...) I recall it being so yummy... they didn't seem to be so sugar-y, but very flavorful.

Just curious.... and keep up your good work! It looks marvelous!

Gobo.... can you make old fashioned ribbon candy? (does anyone else remember this?)

We would have it at Christmas, and not only was it so beautiful to look at, (there are glass/crystalSmiths who fashion objects d'art to resemble these candies...) I recall it being so yummy... they didn't seem to be so sugar-y, but very flavorful.

Funny you should mention ribbon candy. That's exactly what I had in mind when I asked gobo if he had other candies in his sites.

Thanks everyone

Very cool gobo!!!!!! You've got quite a passion for candy making. What else do have your sites set on as far as candy making? What's something you really want to try, but, haven't yet?

I've been wanting to make bubblegum for a while now, but I still haven't found gum base. I called some stores yesterday, and none of them have it. So I may have to order gum base online soon.

I'd have to see if I can dig a recipe up. That would be pretty cool. I'll let you know.

Gobo,
those look so good.. Makes me want to try making some myself, since I can't try yours:)
kadesma

You should, it's easy.

Thanks Dina. I added quite a bit of citric acid to make it a little sour.

On flash chat

Clever Elf.... not too hot on the peppermint flavoring, though. I'll have to get creative, and Lord knows that means a big 'ole MESS!

Thanks for the tip...

I think just about any flavoring could be used here - don't you? Yea, I never liked the ones heavy on the peppermint - yuck! Even raspberry gobo! Or apple?

You could really play with the colors too. I remember the ones that weren't quite so vibrant. Also, the link I provided...those are pretty thick. I don't know if it would take a machine to get it thinner though. No candy-making experience here, that's for sure!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom