ATV trip to Forest Lake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
All right ladies and gentleman. Here is a slide show of my weekend. It started friday after work. A friend and i grabbed our 4 wheelers and drove about 30 minutes south east of my house into a place called American Fork canyon. Its a very famous canyon in utah because of mount timpanogus. Pronounced Timp-pa-no-gus. Its a giant cave.

Anywho, we parked at Tibble fork lake and unloaded the quads. We strapped down the sleeping bags, pillows, and cooler onto our quads. We took a trail about 5-6 miles up the canyon and found Forest lake. We looked around for a while then took off to find a place to camp. We headed north about a mile were we came to a small pond with about 5 female elk grazzing the area. We drove up to them and they ran off. We noticed alot of beer cans because some people are just rude and leave there trash. We cleaned it up and made camp by the pond.

Bout 3 in the morning, the elk returned but this time they brought the Bull with them. He bugled and since i have never heard an elk before, it made me a lil nervous. I could see him about 50 feet in front of us. My friend James can scream like a mountain lion very well and he scared all of them off. We saw plenty of bats, owls, kit foxes, deer, , elk and lots of squirrels, oh and supposedly there are black bears up there. The wildlife becomes curious of who is staying in there forests so they come to camp and play around us all night. I woke up in the mornin and told james to take a picture of me sleeping with my helmet on so i can tell people i sleep with it on so if a bear draggs me off, i dont get hurt to bad.

I crashed my quad 1.5 times. The first time i got eatin by a gully that was 2 feet deep by 4 feet wide by 6 feet long. The left and right sides bank at about a 45 degree angle and i was not going fast enough for my 650 pound quad to keep its inertia, so my back end slipped and the gully swallowed me. The other time i was going up such a steep hill that my quad even in 4x4 and diff lock, started going back wards because the air is thinner and the engine started to cut out, so i had to use almost a full choke. I hit some very big rocks and the front end went straight up. i actually jumped and put my upper body on the handle bars to give it some top weight. That was probably the scariest part of the trip. We ended up at a cliff that was a good 200 feet drop off. There were a couple of hidden waterfalls there and since we could not go any further, we turned around and came back to the van.

As we pulled up, there were about 60 jeeps and yotas gettin ready to head up. They closed our trail off and i dont think they had permission to do that, i think they wanted it for themselves, but i could be wrong.

here is the slide show and i hope it works. if not let me know..

thanx.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

What. No blisters on your hands?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: sorry, Jeeks, couldn't resist ;)

Awesome scenery shots, especially that Mount Timp. And that grill is really awesome! I wish we had a place 30 minutes away to ride.

What. No blisters on your hands?
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: sorry, Jeeks, couldn't resist ;)

Awesome scenery shots, especially that Mount Timp. And that grill is really awesome! I wish we had a place 30 minutes away to ride.

Thanx, its alot of fun. 30 minuets west of me is a place called 5 mile pass. Its all sand and desert. 30 minutes south east is national forest in the rockies, which is where American Fork canyon is. 90 minutes south is Little Sahara sand dunes. We have alot of places to ride. you should come visit Utah and see some of its places..

When I used to have a Raptor a lot of the guys on the forum were from Utah, Oregon, places that have extreme but beautiful places to ride.
But they didn't take pictures like that.

When I used to have a Raptor a lot of the guys on the forum were from Utah, Oregon, places that have extreme but beautiful places to ride.
But they didn't take pictures like that.

O my gosh, i want a raptor so bad. I know i have a big work horse that will climb anything but sometimes i just need speed and for some reason, i LOVE to use a clutch and shift type quad. Must be a guy thing.

thanx, i enjoyed taking the pics. I hope you have enjoyed them and i hope the others will also

I have a cousin who lives in Blairsville, GA who built a jeep. He belongs to some sort of club that goes out on trips like that in the Carolinas. He's shown us pictures of some of the trails and they look awfully scary to me...but beautiful.

Here's some pics of the Jeep he built from parts:

Attachments

• jeep-1.jpg
    jeep-1.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 42
  • jeep-2.jpg
    jeep-2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 38
  • jeep-3.jpg
    jeep-3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 36
I have a cousin who lives in Blairsville, GA who built a jeep. He belongs to some sort of club that goes out on trips like that in the Carolinas. He's shown us pictures of some of the trails and they look awfully scary to me...but beautiful.

Here's some pics of the Jeep he built from parts:
that is a gorgeous piece of machinery. I bet he has alot of fun up there with it. he needs to come to moab utah and try the trails here. i wanna go to organ and see what they have to offer.

VERY nice Jeep!
I just bought a Jeep. Traded in my Pacifica on one of those 4-door Wranglers. Must be a middle age thing :ermm:

Here's my old Rappy, LT. I worked on it a little.... more as a hobby than anything, cuz it was a heck of a quad stock. Simple bolt-on stuff. When I got my bike last year the need for speed thing was fullfilled, so I traded it in on a Sportsman. Now I can go out and play in real snow :D

Attachments

• dirtdevils2.jpg
    dirtdevils2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 139
  • sportsman1.jpg
    sportsman1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 148
VERY nice Jeep!
I just bought a Jeep. Traded in my Pacifica on one of those 4-door Wranglers. Must be a middle age thing :ermm:

Here's my old Rappy, LT. I worked on it a little.... more as a hobby than anything, cuz it was a heck of a quad stock. Simple bolt-on stuff. When I got my bike last year the need for speed thing was fullfilled, so I traded it in on a Sportsman. Now I can go out and play in real snow :D

my friend has the same raptor and he just put on a turbo charger, 350 horses. thats death on wheels. Sportsmans are nice. My cousin has one but they dont use it much because they prefer the sport quads. To me a utility is way fun because you can do some crazy crap like i did this week end. BUT i still need some speed

Nice pics.....for a quadtard. Those recliners with wheels look comfy. LOL
img_659072_0_c21111587a8448d233ecd76eae1126ba.gif

j/k

Great pics LT. Looks like a great place to ride/camp.

Nice pics.....for a quadtard. Those recliners with wheels look comfy. LOL
img_659204_0_c21111587a8448d233ecd76eae1126ba.gif

j/k

Great pics LT. Looks like a great place to ride/camp.

they are comfy! untill you tip and you have a 650 pound machine laying on you. then its not so comfy anymore.

Im gonna hit the west desert this weekend and hopefully get some awesome shots. I live like 35 minutes from the west desert. Im just not looking forward to 106* heat:cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom