Aurora Borealis tonight, 2013-04-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taxlady

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
There should be a good light show on tonight in parts of Canada and the US. Check out this map and then, if relevant, go look at the sky. It's overcast here and besides, I'm in a "poor" region.

531917_502303123164070_660807288_n.jpg

Me three...boogers.

May still go and look for it.

Last edited:
Well shoot .. we are in the good to fair zone but I just saw this and now it's too late. That would have been very cool to see .. never have seen it in person .. bet it's beautiful !

I'm in the "poor" area. I saw it once, when I was stationed in North Dakota. It was something to behold. We live in an area where it is possible, but not likely. I'd like my husband to see it once in his life.

Well shoot .. we are in the good to fair zone but I just saw this and now it's too late. That would have been very cool to see .. never have seen it in person .. bet it's beautiful !
Go outside and look anyways. It might last for hours.

I've seen it a couple of times, in ND and Ontario. Absolutely stunning.

Just went outside to look, nope, too cloudy. Will look again later.

Shoot, the weather guy just said we won't be able to see it due to a solar flare....

Last edited:
I've seen it a couple of times, in ND and Ontario. Absolutely stunning.

Just went outside to look, nope, too cloudy. Will look again later.

Shoot, the weather guy just said we won't be able to see it due to a solar flare....
Hunh? It's caused by the solar flare!

Yeah, I thought that strange too! I'll have to listen more carefully, but I'm sure that's what he said.
You know, some of those weather folks are actual meteorologists, but most of them are weather news readers and haven't got a clue about weather and stuff like auroras.

You know, some of those weather folks are actual meteorologists, but most of them are weather news readers and haven't got a clue about weather and stuff like auroras.

Agreed.

Well, I just went out on the deck and looked again, totally cloudy. :(

Go outside and look anyways. It might last for hours.

We did go outside ... so many times that we actually set up our folding lawn chairs ... saw lots of stars and planes but that was it. We went out off and on until 1 am .. by then we were too tired, we were cold and our necks hurt from looking up and around LOL But we had fun anyway .. maybe next time around !

It's 'cause you live where it's warm. :LOL: It's a consolation prize for us northerners, but I have never seen it either.

That's what I was thinking. At least I'm sitting here in 70-80s weather with my windows wide open.

I'd love to see the Aurora!

Last edited:
Darn, I missed the show. I caved to the lure of a bubble bath in my soaker tub with a LARGE glass of wine when I should've been admiring the night sky. Oh well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom