Australia's Fires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It has been just horrible over in Australia. The U.S. Forest Service is sending over 100 personnel over to Australia to assist. I would have liked to have gone to help, but I don't have a current passport. I hope that things are getting better and I feel for all the folks that lost their homes and family members.

It's difficult to imagine a worse job than searching these fire sites. I am so sad for the workers who must do this. There is not a punishment harsh enough for the person(s) who did this.

A few years ago we had horrid fires in the interior of our province. They weren't arson but they were pretty awful and destroyed everything for miles. We had friends who almost lost the home on a lake that they have been building in summers for 15 years. Our niece's husband is head of the Search and Rescue in the area and DH's cousin at the time worked in disaster management for the government. They were both in the thick of things for months.

It really gave me an appreciation for the horrid danger and devastation this can cause.

My heart goes out to everyone involved in Australia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom