Baby Hummingbird in my back yard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I had to share this photo with all of you - this little guy showed up with his mama at my feeder yesterday.

img_249853_0_9363dcede04242eaf044883e4d69d231.jpg

Woooow, how cute!! You really capitalized the precious Kodak moment!!:)
Thanks for sharing!!

Sweet! My mother has lots of hummingbirds around their farm, and she calls me on the phone squealing every time she sees one!

Saw the little guy again this afternoon. Quite funny to see him hovering about 3" from the ground! Then he found the recently opened orange blossoms and boy did he like those!

That's Soooo Cute!

Awwwwwwwwww it's so little, thats the cuteist thing I have ever seen. I love birds they are adorable. Thank you for sharing your picture.

SierraCook said:
jkath, how adorable is that little bird? I love spring!! We had a huge flock of evening grosbeaks in one of the aspen trees at the ranger station. They migrate through our valley on their way up to Canada.

Sierra! I've never seen anything like that down here in "the south"! How wonderful they must be!

Beautiful picture!!!! Makes me miss Houston where we have several species that migrate through at this time of the year. Also I miss the migrating purple martins who have set up housekeeping in the two "condo" birdhouses in my backyard. My son, who lives in our house while we're overseas, says that they are happy to be back. This is their 12th year to "pay rent". They migrate to Houston the latter part of February-early March and stay until June. Always sad when they leave. Keep on taking pictures of life's miracles!!!

Back
Top Bottom