Back again but sadly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

di reston

Sous Chef
The last days of my mother's life have made me very sad. Today, when Pete, my OH, took Lucas our dog, it was particulaly bad. Before, when he took Lucas for his morning walk, I would phone my mother to see how she was, and now she isn't there any more, but I went over the UK to say goodbye, and she asked me to comb her hair because she thought she was a mess. I used to phone her every day to see how she was.

Her loss is hitting our whole family, and that's what happens to every family, but that's what happens to every family when you lose someone you love.

di reston

Enough is never a suffiency when a loved one dies

Di, I am so sorry for your loss. I have lost both of my parents and maybe it happens in all families, but right now the only one that matters is yours. Big hugs and just be there for each other for as long as it takes. :heart:

The last days of my mother's life have made me very sad. Today, when Pete, my OH, took Lucas our dog, it was particulaly bad. Before, when he took Lucas for his morning walk, I would phone my mother to see how she was, and now she isn't there any more, but I went over the UK to say goodbye, and she asked me to comb her hair because she thought she was a mess. I used to phone her every day to see how she was.

Her loss is hitting our whole family, and that's what happens to every family, but that's what happens to every family when you lose someone you love.

di reston

Enough is never a suffiency when a loved one dies
So sorry to hear this, Di. Thoughts and prayers go with you.

Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. My father just passed away 2 weeks ago. So I am right with you. My condolences.

Please accept my deepest condolences. I lost my mom over three years ago, and the grief is still there. Take comfort in the memories, and know that love remains.

Thank you all for your best wishes, both from those expressed and those whose thoughts also mattered.

She had to have a postmorten because of one or two anomalies cencerning her death, so the funeral had to be put back a couple of days. The whole family - and I mean every single member of our family - were there, and the Vicar - would it be the Pastor? in America? - anyway, as, when I lived in England I attended the Sunday service every week, and I was given the honour of being an usher, and I did that for my Mom as well. I made sure that the attendents were given a good welcome, to make them know that they were all part of both the close family and all the other attendants who also came to pay their respects. I did it because I knew every single person by name, and I knew I could give them a good welcome, as my Ma would have liked. I tell you this in humility and for no other reason.

At the back of my mind, in this sad part of my life, I have to tell you that all your well wishes and thoughts have been helped me greatly along the way.

I thank you for your kindness, and for being so caring.

I'm going to come back soon, and I look forward to that - as they say, 'blessed be the day', my friends.

Affectionaly

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Back
Top Bottom