Back home again!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
For the most part, this was another wonderful trip to eastern Canada and New England, but this time we sure had some unexpected challenges. The last few days of the cruise, I developed a serious respiratory infection and was expertly treated as an outpatient at the Crown Princess hospital on board. When we were about to arrive at our final port in New York, the Doctor decided I was not "fit to fly" because of my dangerous oxygen levels, and sent us to a NYC hospital, complete with all our luggage. Steve had to guard the luggage in the ER waiting room for a full day while we were separated with me in the ER. They finally admitted me to a room, with our luggage, where I spent three days in some kind of "twilight zone" being treated. Never again will I complain about hospital care here where we live!! What a true nightmare. Steve has a sister in Long Island, so he spent nights at her place, and days with me. Thankfully, after three hospital days, we boarded Jet Blue back to California, and are extremely happy to be home safe, if not quite sound just yet.
Tomorrow I'll have Steve help me make some kind of soup...It's warm here, but I need soup.

PS....Steve has already completed this trip story. Feel free to check it out.
stevekathytravels.com
Smooch!!:heart::wub:

Oh, Kayelle, what an ordeal! Glad you're back!

Will check out your travel page!

Last edited:
Bummer, glad you got part of a good time out of it. I hope you are feeling good soon. Hugs!!!

awww, i would have come to visit you k-l.

nyc hospitals are a nightmare. glad you survived the experience and are home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom