Bad, bad Movies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
when we watched Scream at the cinema with a few friends we were nearly thrown out because we made so much fun of that horrible film.... :rolleyes:

pdswife said:
Did I hear somewhere that they were making another ROCKY movie?

ICK!

yupp...sadly stalone is draggin this one out the gutter again. he must see yet another divorce coming and figures hes gonna need the $$.

as far as worst movies, the big 2 for me would have to be (keep in mind, Im a guy)

La Chocolate
Pret a Porter / Ready to Wear

the things we have to sit through to get a girl to make out with us.... :ermm:

well, Stallone must be nearly hundred now... does he still want to climb into the boxring?
He really must need the money...

The ferocious latest nemesis of Rocky ...

img_207872_0_93d56a227604862604e41ca374483923.jpg

phinz said:
IMHO, though, there are very few truly bad movies. Even the bad ones can be quite fun.:cool:
I agree with you there Phinz, a lot of it can come down to the frame of mind that you are in, who you are with, when you are watching it, etc.

That said, I do have a few that I was far from crazy from (off the top of my head)...

-Only the Lonely (my least favourite Candy movie)

-The Most Fetile Man In Ireland (yes, it's really called that, and I implore you do not waste money on renting it!)

-The vast majority of Adam Sandler movies

-"The Never Ending Story" (more like the story that should never have begun :mrgreen:)

-Battlefield Earth (needs no comment)

-Just about all of Madonna's movie (I'll cut her some slack for her role in "A League of Their Own")

-Waterworld (sorry, but I gave up all hope on liking this flick the moment that Coster cut off their hair, that was so mean!)

-All of the "Tremors" movies

-Carrie (Not every Stephen King book needs to be turned into a movie)

-Any "b" movie where a clown was the villian

-Spice World (and for that matter just about every movie where a pop singer has tried to "act", from Brit to Vanilla Ice)

-Every J-Lo movie ("Selena" wasn't that bad)

-Baby Gebiues (Dear gads, I heard that they made a sequel in 2004, is this true?)

While I do truly see where this film was trying to go, the worst movie that I've seen this year was a 2003 Danish movie entitled, "De Gronne Slagtere". If anyone else has seen this film I'd be so curious to hear what you think about it. DH liked it, but I thought it was gory as can be, but more over the idea could have been carried out a lot better.

(A snippet of trivia, did you guys know that in 1971 there was a "b" movie put out called "Let's Scare Jessica to Death" :ohmy:)

Actually I like Adam Sandler. I understand he can get on the nerves of certain people, but I dig his humour most of the time, also watching Spanglish and Punch Drunk Love, I think he can display much more depth than he gets credited for when / if he chooses to. I would really like to see him evolve into more multi dimentional actor/comedian, IMO he is capable of it.

i just saw a bit of the animated "8 crazy nights", by adam sandler. now, i like most of his stuff, after snl (i thought he was pretty boring on snl), but this animated one was really bad. his voice was extremely annoying.

some of the sandler stuff i liked was "50 first dates", "happy gilmore", and "big daddy".

buckytom said:
(i thought he was pretty boring on snl)
some of the sandler stuff i liked was "50 first dates", "happy gilmore", and "big daddy".

Hey I thought Opera Man was great!! One of my favourite snl characters...

I would also add the Wedding Singer to your list!!

I love adam sandler too. I like that he uses his 3 buddies in just about everything he does. Rob Schnieder, Peter Dante and Alan Covert. Same with any of the movies with Rob Schnieder. It's not uncommon to find Adam Sandler or the other 2 in his also.

Attachments

• alan.jpg
    alan.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 199
  • peter2.jpg
    peter2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 109
  • rob.jpg
    rob.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 100
I find it interesting that so many folks dont care for Jim Carry. I like him. Now that Pet Detective movie was horrible though. But I think Liar, Liar was great.
I like Adam Snadler too, but SO many of his movies are pure dung.

Big Gulps! I love jim carrey! i quote him at least once a day! Ya wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

Dances with Wolves. Couldn't bear it, too long, too much scenery, hated it!

Titanic, too long, over hyped, too much water, stilted acting, didn't like it!

Raiders of the Lost Ark, first movie I ever saw on video. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about. The snakes were the only bit I liked!

kyles said:
Titanic, too long, over hyped, too much water, stilted acting, didn't like it!

:clap: Yey, I finally got someone else to say that I was afraid to say it myself as I thought I would get beaten up by everyone else...:ROFLMAO: I always thought it was highly ridiculous that they were sloshing about in freezing water for hours and hours, wouldn't they have been dead long before of hypothermia?

kyles said:
Raiders of the Lost Ark, first movie I ever saw on video. Couldn't see what all the fuss was about. The snakes were the only bit I liked!

I did like Raiders of the Lost Ark... I was like 10 or 11 when it came out, I thought it was the most fun and exciting flick I had ever seen... the second one (temple of the doom) was a dud, but the best one was the Last Crusade, thanks to the usual cool performance from Mr. Sean!!

and anything with Leslie Nielsen :sick: [/quote]
CARA, He was good in a old movie called "Forbidden Planet" but I must agree he isn't my favorite.
All of those stupid, "AIRPLANE"MOVIES GOT TO GO.
Name a Woody Allen Movie " THEY STINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:
WORST MOVIE EVER
" OPEN WATER"
"Blair Witch Project " comes close !
I NEED MONEY, BUT NOT ENOUGH TO WATCH THOSE AGAIN SO DON"T TRY ME:ohmy: !

Last edited:
Au contraire, Maidrite - I love Woody's movies, especially the early ones like "Sleepers" and "Bananas". But I also like his later ones, especially "Annie Hall". I get off on all that NYC angst - so not me. It's like watching a travelogue.

And his new one with Scarlett Johansson is getting very good reviews.

mudbug said:
And his new one with Scarlett Johansson is getting very good reviews.

I think Scarlett Johansson is THE best and most talented young actresses around. I think she has a bright future to come if she doesn't waste her talent in some dumb films like Island. I just fell asleep in the middle which I usually never do no matter how bad or boring the film may be!!

Back
Top Bottom