Bad, bad Movies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ok..... I dont think we have talked about this in a year.
What are the movies that sucked money and time out of your life that you wish you had back?
9.gif

What are YOUR picks for the worst movies you have ever seen?!
2.gif

I cant wait to see everyones choices!!:mrgreen:

Face Off - I think I will never watch any John Woo Film again... I was sooo lucky I didnt had to pay for that...

Scream was so unrealistic and with a stupid story.

Death becomes her

and anything with Leslie Nielsen :sick:

Aw come on Cara... Mr. Nielsen is not that bad... I wouldn't say he should have won any academy awards, but he always make me laugh my a :censored: off! :ROFLMAO: Well I admit you need to appreciate certain kind of silly humour to enjoy him though... but I like him!!

As for sucky films I ever seen there are so many I wouldn't know where to begin, but if I pick one from my recent memory, it would be the Tom Cruise version of War of the World... that was, really, a waste of time and gazillion of $$$$...

Licia, that is not the kind of humor I like, don`t ask me why.... I can't laugh about that.... I just get bored

Now that I know I can include ALL movies, not just this year's...

Actually, this year I didn't see any movies (at the cinema) that I thought were godawful. WoTW wasn't all it was hyped to be, but it was entertaining. Fantastic Four was just what I expected: kind of silly, kind of funny, with great special effects.

Star Wars Episode 3 was a must-see, of course, because I've waited almost 30 years for the "final installment". Excellent movie; would have been better if they'd left out most of the dialogue from that Hayden Christensen kid. Just hack him up already, and put him in the Vader suit! That's what we all paid to see!

Getting back on-topic...some of the "worstest" movies I have ever had the displeasure of viewing include: Batman and Robin, in which Ah-nuld Schwarzeneggar plays Mister Freeze. Please, Arnie...I like you, but if they're paying you twenty billion dollars to make a film, you could at least TRY.

Inspector Gadget, with Matthew Broderick. Once again: Matt, I think you're mighty talented...what the h*** were you thinking?

And speaking of Mr. Broderick, how about Godzilla? The effects were cool, but you know what the best thing about that movie was? The TV commercials for Taco Bell (with the little dog saying "here, lizard lizard lizard"). THOSE were hilarious!

I could probably come up with a few hundred more, if I sat & thought about it for a while. But there's one movie that I'd like to give an Honorable Mention...The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not a good movie at all really. But that didn't stop me from seeing it about 148 times (and bringing a squirt gun with me to the theater...and throwing toast at the screen...and dancing the Time Warp, and falling down on the floor. Nowadays, whenever I'm introduced to someone named Brad, I still have the urge to shout ":censored:HOLE!"). I do, however, love the soundtrack. Have the CD in my car!

--J

The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Attack of The Killer Tomatoes.

(basically anything b-rated)

White Chicks

Almost anything with Jim Carrey in it\

i'll have to think of more later. right now i'm blank

Anything with "Silent Bob." We started watching "Silent Bob and Jay Strike Back," and literally every other word was the "F" word. We turned it off after 5 to 10 agonizing minutes. We also started watching "Constantine," not realizing Silent Bob was in that also. Same thing, the "F" word made up most of the script. James traded Constantine in, but the other one he just smashed the DVD up because he didn't want anyone else to see it. It was that bad. Also the newest version of Peter Pan. We got about 15 minutes into it and almost died of boredom, so we turned it off and traded it in.

:) Barbara

wasabi said:
Children of the Corn, tops my list.

Loved it when I was a teenager...
tried to watch it a year or two ago and couldn't.
It was too yucky.

I saw King Kong yesterday. Liked the original and liked this remake, but the movie was way to long, a litle over 3 hours.

Return to Neverland is the @!#$!!%$ movie ever (don't know what I typed. It is just symbols)!

Cameron

Did anyone ever see "Picnic at Ayers Rock"?. It's an Australian flick, released in the US in about 1979. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry or throw something at the screen or just leave the cinema. It seemed like the film was supposed to be arty, but whoever made it was trying way too hard. The cliches in there were so obvious I was embarrassed for the director. The fact that I remember it 25 years later though, hmmmmm, says something, doesn't it?

Next was "Time Bandits". Too weird for me. Oy Vey!

More recently, "The Notebook". I think I'm too old and jaded. Puh-lease! My daughters and all their friends Adored this movie, and, almost like when they were 3 years old and couldn't get enough of Barney, watched it 20 times in succession.

Moulin Rouge. Whats her name looks great though. The sets and directing were good. But the singing..... especially a U2 song put this thing over the top.
Lord of the Rings. I know, I know. It wasnt BAD..... but I fell asleep. I just wasnt into it.
American Beauty. Its sick. Just didnt enjoy any of it except the acting.
Big Fish. HORRIBLE!!!
Kill Bill 1&2: I like Tarintino a lot but I didnt like these.
Back to the Future 2: there was no ending!!!!
Sideways: just borring. I watched 2 guys lives, and I hated each of them.
Garden State: Two GREAT actors!!! HUUUUUUGE let down. Just plain stupid.
The Omega Code: I believe in the Bible. The movies is about the Book of Revelations, but this HAS to be one of the worst directed and worst acted movie I have seen. Really.

Barbara im with you. Silent 'Bob' is soooooooo horrible and sooooooooo unfunny I rate them the worst 'comedies' ever. EVER!!!! :glare:
Vegas Vacation: Same jokes done over and over and over.
Cabin Boy: :mellow: ....... :huh:
The Ladies Man: oh man. So, so bad.
Speed 2: unwatchable
Paycheck: watchable BARELY.
LIttle Nicky: :ermm:
Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas: PURE torture
City Slickers 2: very bad
Last ACtion Hero: :neutral:
Rocky 5: worse than a made-for-TV movie
Harlem Nights
Rambo 3
Caddyshack 2
Police Academy 3-7
Bad News Bears go to Japan
Grease 2: Dear God.... WHY??? :huh:
Mars Attacks! :blink:
Superman 3 & 4
The Sweetest Thing: 12 year old HAD to write this.

If I had to pay to see movies I would have been very upset after seeing The Cave this year.

IMHO, though, there are very few truly bad movies. Even the bad ones can be quite fun.:cool:

phinz said:
Even the bad ones can be quite fun.:cool:

You have a point there... like all those American Pie series, how silly and pointless and I would never make a film like that if I could, but I must confess I laughed a lot while watching them, too:-p

Back
Top Bottom