Bad news..we aren't going to E. Texas for Xmas..good news..I get to cook Xmas dinner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgyver1968

Senior Cook
Normally, my family goes to Paris, Texas for Christmas. But my wonderful cousin who hosts it, died of a heart attack a few months ago, and his widow is still in mourning....so she's not quite ready for a crowd. I understand. We are a close knit family. Here's a video of us from Thanksgiving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73LLTMXSJo

On the bright side...this means I get to cook for everyone on Christmas here! Including my sister's kids, and two of my sisters chinese friends who have never experienced an American Christmas (they are in the Thanksgiving video)

I'm sad and happy at the same time.

Mac

Last edited:
Nice video! So sorry about your cousin, but I'm glad you can do the dinner and will enjoy it.

Well...I already got a spiral cut ham....but I'd like to smoke another turkey....I did one for Thanksgiving 2.0 and it turned out awesome...brined it overnight, and smoked it for 12 hours. The meat was slightly pink with the smoking, and SUPER juicy.

turkey.jpg

I'll probably do garlic mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, and some other veggie dish...plus my super bad ass, light and fluffy dinner rolls:

dinnerrolls.jpg

With mom's pecan pie recipe for desert...and if Tom comes (he's a diabetic) I'll make some desert that's sugar free.

Very nice video. I can certainly tell you are one big happy and close family. Sorry for the loss of your cousin.

So you will have to let us know how that big dinner turned out. Your turkey and rolls look scrumptious !!

Thanks for sharing a little bit of your family !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom