"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
thanks pds. just trying to show sush it's not just him lol

Old 08-23-2005, 10:31 PM   #12
Sous Chef

Oh noooo Middie! I have a magic wand which I do use occasionally - really it's only for when I'm angry, but occasionally I do use it for good. I'll wave it for you guys, and maybe your luck will turn! Seriously though, when it's rough, it's rough, but it always does get better......take care Sandyj

Old 08-23-2005, 11:03 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
OHHHHHHHH Yeah!! I forgot my pager in my car after I got home. So I went to get it. I saw a nice dent with a BIG red streak on the side of my Camry. This guy next to me opened his rear door into mine. So I called the police to make a report. That took about an hour.
Someone keyed our car last week. Three scratches on the passenger doors and a backwards Z on the back of the car. I don't know what causes people to do things like that. I can't, for the life of me, understand it!

Two years ago, I nudged another parked car and broke their tail light. I left a note on their window and the owner was tickled pink that I was honest about it. When I spoke to him on the phone he said, "I'd like to shake the hand of an honest person." It's sad that it is becoming so rare to take responsibility for your own actions.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well for you DS. Everything bad seems to happen all at once and then it will clear up. It tends to come in waves, just like bills (we just got one from the beloved IRS for $900, electricity $400, and medical insurance $300). Just try to keep positive!
Old 08-24-2005, 02:54 AM   #14
Contest Winner

Sushi I have to confess I am looking for work too buddy, I wish I could send you some money. I feel bad for you.
Barbara has her job, but I feel bad because I am not doing my share. I am the heaviest I have ever been and have been so depressed. I don't believe in myself anymore. My 14 year old daughter doesn't want to visit me. And my family doesn't ever call. So you all are my family now. I wish I could do something for you Sushi I will say a pray for you and Middie though! Cheer up things will get better for you Sushi !
Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 AM   #15
Head Chef

I know how you feel Sushi I actually have the kind of life that people I work with say "oh my goodness, how does one person have so many bad things happen at once" I have decided to just get on with it, it means at least we're not dull!! We are (touch wood) entering a good patch although money is always tight, but 3 months ago my husband had a really bad motorcycle accident while his grandfather was dying of cancer. Then the 2nd day in hospital they overdosed DH on morphine and he went into respitory arrest (they rang me at 2am just to let me know there had been a bit of a problem) Anyway won't drag on but his grandfather eventually died a few weeks after DH's accicdent and while I was at the hospice with DH grandad my aunty rang to say my grandma was ill so I spent the next week driving 1hour each way to help nurse her and go home to nurse DH who had to keep leg elevated. Grandma died a week after DH's grandad so my kids lost a gr grandparent 2 saturdays in a row and had funerals 2 thursdays in a row.
DH is still incapacitated as he had to have a bone graft cause he lost so much bone in his tibia and the doctor doesn't know when he will walk or work again. At least it happened on his way home from work so its workers comp. he had only been in the job 2 weeks and had been unemployed for 2 months before that so we would be living in a tent if it had happened then!
Gosh that was a mouthful. Anyway Sushi I am not saying my life is worse or anything just letting you know other people have bad lives too to make you feel better!
I have a spare room but I don't think you could commute from here!!
I would ring the credit card companies as suggested and see if you can work something out. How big is your flat? Can you rent out a room or something?
Big hugs to you.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:36 AM   #16
Master Chef

We're thinking of you. Like many here, I've been there before, and wouldn't wish to go back. Hope everything works out.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:15 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Man DS, how the heck did that happen?

One of our staff is -$121 from using a debit card.

Probably a good thing we don't have any. As I can see myself getting into a hole like that.

Hang in there, it may take a while, but you'll survive. And anything that doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger!
Old 08-24-2005, 09:21 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Sending positive vibes for Sushi, middie, Maidrite,and corazon in the wish that things go better in the future.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:07 AM   #19
Master Chef

Send a message via MSN to crewsk
Sushi, look up & be thankful that you are alive every day!! Not so long ago I was having to scrape change together to buy groceries. I'm by no means totally past that stage but it's getting better. I seemed like every day there was something else going wrong or something that had to be paid. Hubby took a day off work & we spent the day calling all the companies we owed money & set up payment plans. Most of them were very understanding & helped us out a lot. I know, it seems like things keep getting worse for you but they will get better! Stay strong & keep your chin up!
Old 08-24-2005, 11:00 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
Sending positive vibes for Sushi, middie, Maidrite,and corazon in the wish that things go better in the future.
Thanks mudbug!
We may be stone broke, but at least we are still happy! I have the most incredible family that shares so much love, how could I possibly let something like money ruin that?