"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2008, 12:11 PM   #11
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
I just love these cute sayings from the mouth of babes -

One cute one, (to me at least, lol) -same three yr.old he was standing in front of me one day and talking non stop as usual - he stopped, passed a little gas, looked at me and said "shootin' bunnies"! Where he has heard this I'll never know !

Old 06-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer

OK I am just going to have to adopt that saying Barb. That is hilarious!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #13
Head Chef

These are all adorable stories - especially the shootin bunnies :)
Old 06-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #14
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I'll try not to write a book here! LOL

When Nancy was two and a half years old, she said she was, "two in a hat!"

When she was somewhere between 10 months and 14 months I heard her crying and acting scared. I went in, and she was standing in the corner of her crib, pointing up at the shelves, crying out what sounded like, "Fresh!! Fresh!!" Nothing my mom and I suggested was right, so we have never figured out what she was saying! In case you are wondering, yes, I did take her out of her crib and brought her in the other room to calm her down. She wasn't scared to go back later, so I guess it was either a bad dream or a bug or something.

When she was 3 or 4 years old she had two imaginary friends named Tony and Bisky. I have no idea where the names came from! Tony and Bisky did a lot of things with Nancy. When Nancy did something she shouldn't do, she never said Tony and Bisky did it, but she did say that they told her to do it!

This isn't about Nancy, but about her "boyfriend" Josh, when she was three. Josh lived down the street and came to see Nancy quite often. Josh was such a solid little guy that my mom decided to see what he weighed one day. She asked Josh if it was ok to weigh him. He said sure. On their way to the scales, Josh asked, "Do you want me to get naked?" LOL (Of course she said no!).

Nancy had total faith in her grandpa (we lived with my mom and dad after my divorce). One day, when she was 3 or 4, Nancy accidentally dropped a juice glass in the bathroom sink (one of those that you get free when you buy Armor dried beef), and it broke. She started crying as I cleaned it up. She said, "Grandpa can fix it. Grandpa can fix anything."

Finally, this one will illustrate how stupid and petty I could be at times, and how a little girl can totally melt your heart. Nancy was probably 5-6 years old. We had just started using Act mouth rinse. I would go in to brush my teeth at night, and Nancy had already squeezed the bottle, putting my dose into the top part (you squeezed it up there and then poured it into a cup). I don't know why, but it irritated me. I thought, "I wanted to do that!" I didn't say anything though. This happened for a few days. So (being the petty idiot I can sometimes be), I decided I would squeeze her dose up. Nancy came in after she had brushed her teeth and said, "Thank you for getting my Act ready for me. I've been getting yours ready for you too." Believe me, I felt SO small at that moment! As soon as she wasn't looking, I cried and started asking God for forgiveness for being so petty and childish!

I said that was the last one, but I remembered one more thing. When Nancy was around 3 we went to Disneyland. It was her first time, so my dad wanted to buy her a stuffed Mickey Mouse. Then we ran into some of the characters. Nancy hugged Mickey, then she saw... GOOFY! Below is the picture of Nancy just as she saw Goofy. It was love at first sight! When my dad tried to buy her a stuffed Mickey Mouse, Nancy said that she had to have Goofy instead. So that is what she got. About a week later, Goofy's nose came halfway off. I said I would sew it back on. Nancy became hysterical! She wouldn't let me sew it on until she was ready. She ran and got her doctor kit. She stood there and gave Goofy about 5 shots for pain while I sewed his nose on!!!

Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nancyandgoofykg9.png
Views:	4
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	4417  
Old 06-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
Chief Eating Officer

DD has a new imaginary friend named Delilah, but she is a little odd. She only wants to visit when DD is pooping. She will sit in the bathroom and keep her company until she is done and then she goes away until next time.

DD also had a book that we used to read her. She re-named all the characters in the book. The main character she decided to call "friend named friend". When she told me that I said ok so how did you decide to call her friend? She corrected me. Her name is not friend. It is Friend Named Friend. I swear I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L. View Post
I just love these cute sayings from the mouth of babes -

One cute one, (to me at least, lol) -same three yr.old he was standing in front of me one day and talking non stop as usual - he stopped, passed a little gas, looked at me and said "shootin' bunnies"! Where he has heard this I'll never know !
That's so cute!

Barbara
Old 06-25-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

when my youngest granddaughter was first in kindergarten she talked to much in classroom. the teacher was telling her she needed to talk less. she replied"my grandma taught me how to talk." i actually did, but was fun coming from her sweet mouth. even the teacher thought so.

babe
Old 06-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #18
Certified Pretend Chef

When my youger daughter was learning to talk, she couldn't say words with a "th". With became wiss, that became sat, etc. When she made such an error, her mom or I would say it correctly with emphasis in the "th", "Jen say, TTTTTHHHHHHat."

One night at the dinner table, her older sister was making a lot of noise eating her soup so I said to her, "Deb, don't slurp your soup.". Jen piped up and said, "No, Daddy, That's TTTTHHHlurp!".

At least it's proof she had been paying attention.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #19
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
lol, Andy M., so precious and great memories !
Old 06-25-2008, 06:04 PM   #20
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
when my youngest granddaughter was first in kindergarten she talked to much in classroom. the teacher was telling her she needed to talk less. she replied"my grandma taught me how to talk." i actually did, but was fun coming from her sweet mouth. even the teacher thought so.

babe
LOL My daughter said her first word at 6 1/2 months and is finally starting to take a pause for breath now and then (she's almost 29). Of course, I have to say she came by it honestly!

Barbara