"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 AM   #1
Chief Eating Officer

Talking Ballerina Picnic Dance and Swoe

She has a huge ballerina doll. It is the size of her (maybe bigger). There are loops around the feet and you put those loops around DD's feet and the arms have velcro which go around DD's neck. that way they can dance together.

Well the other day DD informed us that the doll now has a name. Here name is.....

Ballerina Picnic Dance and Swoe

My wife and i must have laughed for half an hour after hearing that "name".
When we asked her what swoe meant she informed us it means "pretty pretty girl". She was very insistent that it was 2 prettys, not just one.

The other thing than really made me laugh the other day was when she was not listening well. My wife had asked her to do something and DD was ignoring her. DW started to count as most parents do in that type of situation. DD looked at her with a big smile and said "Mommy you know your numbers so well. You are such a great counter. You are really talented". There was nothing we could do after that, but laugh.

So what funny things have your kids said or done that have stuck in your memory?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
Oldest son asked when he was about 3 if people wore sunglasses so the birds don't peck your eyes out.....
Middle son all last summer would pick my little veggies (mostly eggplants) before they were big enough, call him his "pets" and carry them around. He fell asleep with a baby eggplant cuddled up in the chair with him.
Lego girl.... she "can just go to the dr if she gets legos in her nose again and the dr will help her".

Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Happy memories. Keep them coming.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Chief Eating Officer

Those all made me smile Suzi. Especially the falling asleep with an eggplant. That is really cute!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #5
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
That is too cute, made me laugh also. Very Smart little girl you have there GB !!

Reminded me of my Grandson who is three, he was at the house and needed to pick his toys up - totally not listening - so I got down on the floor and started picking them up, telling I would help him. He stood there just watching me - I said, "Cameron please help Grandma pick up your toys "- he said, " but Grandma you are doing such a great job " !!!

Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like Nathan (middle kid).
I ask him to pick up, or put on his shoes.....
"Oh but Mommy you do such a great job".......
Maybe I shouldn't be so good at what I do!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
Chief Eating Officer

These kids are too smart for all of us sometimes
Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
When I left my husband I was um........broker than broke. My son and I would go to the grocery store and he would ask if he could have a treat or toy of some kind and if I had any extra money he would get something and if not, well, it was no. His Dad had dropped him off back home one day in his winter coat and long sleeves, at the ripe old age of 3 1/2), and he (my son) had this very suspicious look on his face. All the while I was taking his coat off he kept his eyes on mine with a look that was just strange. He then lifted up his sleeve and there was a little coin wallet strapped to his arm, a Ninja Turtle coin wallet! He took it off, unzipped it, and dumped out about 25 pennies. He said in a very hushed voice, even though no one was around, I brought you my pennies, it's your extra money, and you don't have to spend it on me, it's for you. I'll NEVER forget that!

Also, at a seafood restaurant one time he ordered albloe - that's what it sounded like. I think he was 6. I said, do you mean abalone? He said no, albloe...even the waitress was trying to figure it out. Finally I told him to show me and he pointed and said, see?...it's served with all my favorite things...french fries, hushpuppies, coleslaw, and salad .........yes folks - it was All Below...served with...

GB - that's quite a name for the doll and yea, you got your hands full buddy! She's a smart cookie!

Love these stories! Keep 'em comin'.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Executive Chef

One time mom was babysitting my neice, who was about 4 yrs. old, for the weekend. At dinner mom was having a hard time coaksing (sp?) her to eat the veggies. So mom screwed up her face like she was going to cry and said "Amber, if you don't eat your vegetables, grandma's gonna cry."

Amber answered, very putoff, "Oh, grandma. You'll get over it." Well, let me tell you, the 3 adults at the table, me included, nearly blew the food out our mouths, it was so funny. We were so stunned.
She now is 14, and we never let her live that one down.

Where do they think these things up?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:33 AM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Here's one....
Lego girl just took me very gently by the cheeks, looked at me very sweetly, like I was going to get an "I love you Mom" or a smooch...
She tilted her head to one side and sweetly asked, "How tough are you?"
Huh?!? What a goon.
Meanwhile my boys are watching a Pokemon movie and crying their eyes out because Picachu and Ash were best friends but were split up by whoever the bad guy is.....