Barbara is in the Hospital for a few days.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm home! Thank you all so much for your outpouring of love and kind thoughts! As James said, that was some of the best medicine I got.

I am still on two days full bed-rest, and I started a new 10-day round of two oral antibiotics, but it looks like our vacation is on. The doctor said I will have to sit in the back seat with my leg up a lot. They took an x-ray and a sonogram of a lump on my ankle (the doctor had drained it last Friday) right before I left. Hopefully they won't show anything bad, and we can go on with our plans.

Long-term, the doctor said that I need to keep my legs and feet from ever getting cut, scratched, or cracked (I have actually cut myself with the rough skin on my feet), I have to keep them moisturized, I have to massage them, I have to keep them up as much as possible when sitting, and I have to wear lovely compression hose when walking and sitting. Actually, with the dress I was wearing today, they just looked like I was wearing white tights, so other than the fact that it was around 90 degrees, I didn't look too weird in them. Not that anyone saw me once I left the hospital. lol

I missed you all so much! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I love you guys!!!

:flowers:Barbara

So glad you're back and well!!!
Now you can just hang in the back of tha car on vacation and say,

"Step on it Jeeves!"

:)

Driving Miss Barbara?? LOL. Make sure to correct his driving often, guys love it when our wives do that... really...honest.... sorry James! LOL.

Have fun, but don't be getting too fiesty...you have had a dangerous infection, and you'd better do what the doc says, or G'ma Connie will be after you with a big switch! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

LOL I actually had a "Back Seat Driver" license once! Sometimes I say, "Home James!" I guess that will come in handy now!

:)Barbara

James,
keep an eye on her and sit on her is you have to..Barb No fooling around there girl..You follow directions please.
So glad you are home and feeling so much better. Take it easy you can always go someplace for a weekend if you want..just be careful and stay well.
hugs
kades

Thanks again everyone. Don't worry cj, I do not intend to go through this ever again. I am definitely being good!

Welcome Home Barbara!!!!! We've missed you. I'm so glad you're still going to be able to go on vacation!

Thanks! I'm glad we can go too. The amusement park will be out of the question (I offered to let James push me around in a wheel chair--considerate of me, huh? LOL).

If you are talking about Arnolds Park Amusement Park, it isn't what it used to be. I worked there when it was owned by the Carny's and they had a better deal and better rides. After they pulled out one person stepped forward to save it and they managed to put together a committee to run it and have been slowly buying back rides and such.
Last time we were there they did have three new rides, but none working yet. They can't afford newer rides so they buy aging or broken down ones and refurbish them. So, you will see the rides sitting there for several seasons before it gets operational again.

No, we were going to take Anna (she's 17) to Adventure Land. I've never been there. We may just go to a hotel and hang out at the pool and visit old friends (and James's sisters). We won't have a long time.

Oh, Adventure Land is cool too. I love amusement parks, maybe why I loved working in one during high school, LOL.

Barbara, so glad that you are home with James and have had the care that you needed to get better. Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how you are doing. I know James is a happy man to have you home again..........

Back
Top Bottom