Barbeque Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
This man, failed to remember his name, wrote book Barbeque Bible. He demonstrated that he had coals and wood burning and rather t han placing meat on rack put them directly on the coals and wood. How do you people feel about this and have any of you did this? I bet the flavor was wonderful. The guy who sampled it said, he only hoped he wouldn't get a splinter!

The BBQ Bible was written by Steven Raichlen...Author of several cook books on BBQ.

I think it's quite a novel idea...Probably something he picked up in his travels...I've never placed meat directly on the coals, but I cook over wood coals frequently. You're right...The flavor is wonderful...It's awesome....It's BBQ at it's best!

I saw (on TV with Julia) the chef the from Al Forno restaurant in Providence put steak directly on coals. He called it dirty steak.

I saw Alton Brown do this as well. he first took a hair drier to the coals to blow off as much soot as he could then he placed the meat (I think it was skirt steak) directly on the coals.

Back
Top Bottom