Barefoot Contessa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I pulled my foot out and found a very tiny {{{{{dead}}}}} frog between my toes.

SEE!!!!!!!!!!! :ohmy: A dead FROG between her toes!!!! :sick: Now what does THAT tell everyone?!? Wear shoes! Cover them old carrot-looking toes! :yuk: (unless you are wearing sandals because socks with sandals look rediculous!)

Now go eat something and think about the dead frog STUCK beween Marges TOES! And tell me now if you think Barefoot Contessa is a good name. :LOL:
(and red hair would make no difference :-p )

I still like the Barefoot Contessa. She made a recipe today that I will try soon - a Pear Clafouti.

while i don't so much watch tv (resulting in a lack of opinion as to the contessa's show), i like the name a lot. as previously pointed out, it's elegant yet down-to-earth.

and sushi, i *am* redheaded, and always barefoot :D, and trust me, it's a good way to be. shoes are like necessary societal evils and all. now, the whole issue where i forget that i moved to maryland from Texas 3 years ago, and step outside to get the mail in the snow, that's a bummer in bare feet...

Well dont get me wrong. I really like her show. Just not the nickname. And I can see everyones point. But for ME..... barefoot and food just dont go well together.
SOOOOO....... fireweaver...... how YOU doin'? :brows:

i don't own a pair of covered shoes. It's slippers (flip-flops), sandals or bare feet with pretty red painted toenails for me. It's bad manners to wear your shoes in the house here in Hawaii.

We need to make that a habit at our house. Our carpet is very light and dh cleans it about once a month to keep it clean. If you think about all the places your shoes have been, it makes lots of sense to take them off. Perhaps we should do as some cultures do and provide indoor slippers for anyone coming in from outside.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
But for ME..... barefoot and food just dont go well together.
LOL for me Deadly and Sushi don't quite go together either. I like sushi too much to think of it killing me :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

:LOL: Sizz bows to GB!

We too take our shows off when we come into our home and into others. I don't tell people to take their shoes off but hope they realize that the neatly lined row of shoes by the door are there for a reason. 9 times out of 10 people do take them off though. And if they aren't sure they usually ask and I tell them I'd sure appreciate it if they could.

I'd much rather they stomp grapes for wine barefoot than with shoes on!
Barefoot in the park. Barefoot contessa. Beartrack john. Bareback riding. Barebones living. just not a problem.

we are "no shoes in the house" people too. i was raised that way. my mom is norwegian, and i guess as alix said, being from colder and often snowy or muddy climes, you automatically take your shoes off when entering a home.
i often try to notice if there are shoes lines up by the door to see if i should take off mine when entering someone's home. many of my friends and neighbors are and have been japanese and korean, whom are also shoeless indoors, so it's always just been normal to me.
i feel kinda funny walking in with my shoes on, knowing i'm dirtying up the place.

as far as the barfoot contessa:

'bug, never heard of it, but here ya go: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046754/

btw, bookmark imdb.com for all of your movie needs... (ken and alix won't be able to slip any movie quotes by you then.)

i can tolerate her show, and the name barefoot contessa never bothered me. never, that is, until sush put the idea of ugly feet in my head. :huh:

the thing i don't like about ina garten is that she comes off a little snobby to me, but i'm not sure why. i've watched a few shows, gotten some good ideas and tips, but still come away with that feeling. like she's a rich, spoiled, aloof snob. i don't know why. i guess it's the idea that she's a contessa (a rich countess or nobility), and being barefoot indicates being carefree. but then you see a short, overweight, rich woman with lots of free time on her hands.
it just doesn't fit well, imo.
now she has ugly feet too...:(

I don't care much for this show... and the name sure didn't make me hurry up and see what it was about, thats for sure. Wonder why they did that anyways. hmmmmm but, even if it had another name... I still would probably not watch it very much, I just don't like it :)

BT, how mean is that! I agree she is a bit of a snob sometimes, but I don't know of a single cooking show that I enjoy totally. We've talked about the one who really rubs me the wrong way so I won't go into that, but for different reasons, I can take any of them(well not any)most of them for a short while, only.

Darn you bucky for giving away all our movie secrets!! (Actually I just found that site this week. LOL, I've been sort of winging it with Google til now!)

IMDB is such a huge resource. We never watch a movie at home without having IMDB up on the screen first so we can look up who someone is or what else we have seen them in. It is not just for films though. They also list TV :)

OK back on topic :angel:

licia, i'm only half serious. like i said, i've watched the show, and it has some redeeming qualities at times. i really can't put my finger on it, but she just annoys me enough to notice. the last time i watched it, i remember thinking that it wasn't so bad and why did i think the way i do about her. but by the end, i was still left with the same feeling. and now, like watching an accident, i'll look at her feet the next time there's a long shot. :(

alix and gb, if you can only remeber a tiny piece of a movie, you can find out about it there by searching. that site is great.

The Z said:
I enjoy giving my girlfriend a nice foot massage with lotions or oils.

your girlfriend can be very lucky.. ,o)
I love it, when Frank massages my feet when we sit in front of the TV.. he could go on for hours.. :wub:
but I wouldn't let a stranger at my feet.. think it is something very intimate...

My wife and I massage each others feet every night and crack each others toe knuckles. It is something we love doing with each other. I have yet to find a frog between her toes though :LOL:

gb, some day your gonna crack a 6th toe nuckle on mrs. b's foot, and some poor frog will have met his maker...

there's 2 benefits to rubbing your wife's feet, the least of which is nicely moisturized hands.

shea butter is much better than oysters, or chocolate...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom