Barefoot Contessa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a fan of her Food Network show, & I used to shop occasionally when she still owned her store on LI.

I just find her too pretentious with reference to what she cooks.

cara said:
your girlfriend can be very lucky.. ,o)
I love it, when Frank massages my feet when we sit in front of the TV.. he could go on for hours.. :wub:
but I wouldn't let a stranger at my feet.. think it is something very intimate...

ok, i just gotta bring it all together now...movie quotes...bare feet...massages: "Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages, and they all meant something. We act like they don't, but they do, and that's what's so *&#$ cool about them. There's a sensuous thing going on where you don't talk about it, but you know it, she knows it..."

which is to say, yes, imdb rocks more than any other source of dispute-resolution.

but to get back on topic: i've never met ANY cooking show (like lots of other people have pointed out) that i'm totally in love with. something is going to be annoying about whoever is actually doing the cooking. for me, that something is that no matter how friendly or charismatic the host is, i can't taste what the final product is, so it's all nowhere near as much fun as just going into the kitchen m'self.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom