BARGAINS--love 'em!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vitauta

Executive Chef
i searched, but couldn't find, a thread devoted to 'bargains'. let's see if this flies.... dc members quite frequently pass on information about a variety of special sale items and sites, but these are so often soon buried and lost....

here's my tip for the day: anyone looking to buy an inexpensive slow cooker should check out the hamilton beach, 4 quart, steel oval cooker, that sears currently has on sale for $9.99. i see that amazon has a 4 star rating for the model, but i have no direct info re this product....

if you have recently seen or heard of an awesome bargain buy, how about sharing it with your dc family...just post the specifics here, on our new 'message board' and let's see what happens....:)

i searched, but couldn't find, a thread devoted to 'bargains'. let's see if this flies.... dc members quite frequently pass on information about a variety of special sale items and sites, but these are so often soon buried and lost....

here's my tip for the day: anyone looking to buy an inexpensive slow cooker should check out the hamilton beach, 4 quart, steel oval cooker, that sears currently has on sale for $9.99. i see that amazon has a 4 star rating for the model, but i have no direct info re this product....

if you have recently seen or heard of an awesome bargain buy, how about sharing it with your dc family...just post the specifics here, on our new 'message board' and let's see what happens....:)

I'm quite satisfied with my Hamilton Beach slow cooker!

Bj's Warehouse Club has Domino pure cane sugar $3.99 for a 10 pound bag (resealable plastic bag), this is quite a good deal for pure cane sugar.

Their store brand butter is $1.95 per pound (4 individual pounds per package). I can vouch for this product, I've used a lot of it.

Good idea for a thread V - I'm sure many will benefit from the information - especially with the holidays coming up.

walmart is getting in on the action with hamilton beach slow cookers! their sale is for the HB 5 quart, oval slow cooker for just $16.88, in your choice of four colors.

you can get solomon northrup's book, '12 years a slave' (in kindle form) for just $.99 at amazon.

Bj's Warehouse Club has Domino pure cane sugar $3.99 for a 10 pound bag (resealable plastic bag), this is quite a good deal for pure cane sugar.

Their store brand butter is $1.95 per pound (4 individual pounds per package). I can vouch for this product, I've used a lot of it.

$1.95 PER POUND!!!!! Seriously. I will have a talk with my store manager. $3.99/lb. here. Grrr.

amazon has a good price on a waring 4 slice toaster oven, $27. if you don't have amazon 'prime', you need to spend an additional eight dollars in order to qualify for free shipping. the oven has a brushed steel finish with black top and housing. it has consistently high ratings in customer reviews. the few complaints tended to be about the oven's small size.

how about a bella belgian waffle maker? makes 7"dia. waffles. retails for 49.99. macy's is selling them for 19.99. sale price is good through 11-03.

ATK showed on their "Kitchen Gadgets" segment an ice cream cone maker. Only $49.00 It was a Chef's Choice. 4.5 stars at Amazon. Free shipping. Think of the fun your kids can have in the summer. :angel:

I needed a rotisserie chicken today to make soup. I went to Costco as their rotisserie chickens are $4.99.
I found rotisserie leg and thigh portions for 4.99 also. 3.25 lbs. I like dark meat the best.
You can buy just white meat to. No bones. It comes vacuum packed, ready to use.

There was enough (8) to make soup twice for $4.99.

for those of you who are doing some holiday shopping online, i have a useful tip. i have noticed that when i leave unpurchased items in my shopping cart, i will frequently receive an email, a gentle 'reminder' from the retailer, urging me to finish my order. what can't be a coincidence i don't think, is the free coupon or free shipping offer that suddenly becomes available to me in these cases.

oh, also, i just became aware of this site, camelcamelcamel.com that does tracking of product prices for amazon, bestbuy and newegg. you can track a particular item you wish to buy when the price is right, or it is a good place to shop for current sales for specific categories of items, such as 'kitchen and home', 'small appliances', etc....

oh no, you DIDN'T, kleenex! but you did, yes you did, yes you DID! and now i have no choice, but....
do i kiss you? do i kill you? or just say byebye to my pre-holiday diet, with the shameless wave of my sticky sweet, donut lickin' fingers? oh keleenex, just look what you've gone and made me do now....

oh no, you DIDN'T, kleenex! but you did, yes you did, yes you DID! and now i have no choice, but....
do i kiss you? do i kill you? or just say byebye to my pre-holiday diet, with the shameless wave of my sticky sweet, donut lickin' fingers? oh keleenex, just look what you've gone and made me do now....

Not a problem for me. No Krispy Kremes around here for a couple of hundred miles. And I am diabetic. So I wouldn't eat one anyway. :angel:

Picked one of these up at the local thrift shop for $5 (in better condition than the one pictured). I already have this size and mine are blue, but this is the set of pans my brother has and he doesn't have this size. It was too tempting to pass up--even if my brother didn't want it, I knew I could find a home for it in my cupboard.

Le Creuset 20 Vtg France Sauce Pot Orange Flame Cast Iron Enamel Wooden Handle | eBay

Back
Top Bottom