BBQ for my Rhodesian Ridgeback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susi

Cook
Hi
we had a great time yesterday. It was sunny and warm here in Germany, and it was ideal to celebrate the 4th birthday of Ashiki my RR girl.. We had 6 other doggie friends for a hugh BBQ. Corn on the cob, Tzaziki, meat, salad home made elefant bread and home made garlic butter. It was just nice to see such a smiling face of all our doggies who also got a sausage from the BBQ.

a very doteing Mum

Susi

sunny and warm?

hallo susi!

can you tell me, where in Germany it was warm and sunny??
I think i will move there as soon as possible... :D

I was out of town last year for our mini doxie's birthday. It was a Saturday and a day usually devoted to going out in the evening to be with friends. My husband took Isabella to Pet Smart and bought her everything she touched with her nose and even stopped at the gas station to get himself a 6-pack and he bought her a bottle of water :ermm: He stayed home with her 'cause it was her birthday!!!! lol He went to pet her while she had one of her bones in her mouth - she growled at him and turned her head quickly as if to bite but she didn't - the name-calling ensued!!!!! lol

I'm going to be out of town AGAIN this year on her birthday - hopefully he won't pet her while she is eating her bone!!!!! lol

Susi, any chance of pictures??? My ex-boyfriends mum had a gorgeous one called Tara, who passed away very young (I went to her funeral) and got two more. Tara was just amazing, she was very well trained, if you sneezed she would run to the tissue box and fetch you a tissue!!! She kept thinking she was a puppy and would try and curl up on your lap, and on the chair would be a huge muddle of squashed human, and huge long Rhodesian Ridgeback limbs trying to find somewhere to put themselves. I really miss her and her human mummy (much more than the ex LOL)

My mom and dad had a beautiful RR named Chummie - they lived in Northern Rhodesia in the '50's and Chummie lived to a grand old age of 15. My gran cooked for him - corn meal, bones from the butcher and vegetables. He was also very well trained, and the whole neighborhood loved him. We have a golden retriever, Shelby (a.k.a. Shelby-Lou, LuLu, LuLu-Belle, Shelbs) who will be 5 on Sept. 17th. Me and my mom cook for her, too. A labour of love. She's very healthy, good coat, strong white teeth, full of energy.
Does anyone else cook for their dog(s)?

And Susi - I can just imagine how much fun you and your dog and your friends and their dogs had, too. Way to go - enjoying life!

Back
Top Bottom