Be careful what you wish for!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Hi to all my friends here - have barely any time anymore to post - just stolen moments here and there..........because - my little baking business has taken off like a rocket! I'm making deliveries twice a week; typical delivery for tomorrow is -

6 dz. assorted 'monster' cookies (uses 1/4 cup of dough)
3 loaves banana bread
2 chocolate pecan pies
3 peach streusel coffeecakes
3 almond/peach/blueberry crisps
4 tins 'Magic cookie bars' (if I can get them done in time!)

PLan for Friday is -

1 Hummingbird cake
2 carrot cakes
2 Chocolate mocha or caramel cakes
All cakes are 6", 2 layer
1 Strawberry cream cake

2 pecan pies
2 lemon chess pies
2 coconut chess pies
3 Zucchini Breads
2 Strawberry almond breads
Maybe brownies

The stuff is selling as I carry it in the door, before we can even get the prices on it, lol!

I would so love for them to open another store here on my side of the river, and let me manage it and do all the baking. I'm planning on talking w/them about it, so keep your fingers crossed for me!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and thanks to all who have shared recipes - when I get another breather, I'll post the recipes I'm using and where I got them!

mamr i'm so glad to see things going so well for you.
congratulations !!!!!!!!! and i'll take a loaf of banana
bread please ! lol

My goodness! That's a lot of baking. I'm glad things are going so well for you. : )

Go Marmalady!!!!! We'll be seeing you on Food Finds soon!!!!! Glad things are going well - do pop in and say hi every now and then. Wow - I'm excited for you.

Way to go Marmalady..

Hope everything works out for you. You deserve it:)
kadesma

Tx, all - I'm honestly wondering if I've got a tiger by the tail here, lol! But am getting more organized, and able to get a system going; ie, making frostings, shredding carrots and zucchini to freeze, making streusel topping by the gallon, etc.

Elf - your new avatar pic makes my mouth water - I love flan!

Tx again, all - I am having fun, even tho it's a little dizzying.

Callie, will post the hummingbird cake in the 'cakes' dessert section for you. It's a verrrry sweet cake, traditionally Southern, i think.

tx, marmalady! i'll be watching for it...i've got LOTS of hummingbirds here. They keep us company all summer...the name of your cake had me scared :LOL:

callie said:
tx, marmalady! i'll be watching for it...i've got LOTS of hummingbirds here. They keep us company all summer...the name of your cake had me scared :LOL:

lol, talk about 4 and 20 blackbirds, baked in a pie...:shock:

congrats marm. maybe in a few years, you could come back to joisey and open up a bakery with russel?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom