Beatitudes for Friends of The Aged

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave Hutchins

Head Chef
:)
Beatitudes For Friends of The aged

Blessed are they who understand my faltering step and palsied hand

Blessed are they who know that my ears today must strain to catch the things they say

Blessed are they who looked away when coffee spilled at the table today

Blessed are they with a cheery smile who stop to chat for a little while

Blessed are they who know the ways to bring back memories of yesterdays

Blessed are they who make it known that I am loved, respected, and not alone

Blessed are those who ease the days on my journey home
For those of you who have aged friends

Last edited:
My aunt,now 85 y.o., who for all intents and purposes raised me, came to live with us about 2 years ago. This thread really struck a chord with me. Patience, patience & more patience is the key.

Her age translates into "stuck-in-her-ways". We are also raising our 7 y.o. grandson. It really is like raising 2 little ones.......can you guess which one is more difficult? Thanks for sharing DH-believe it or not, I really needed to read this tonite!!

My mother moved in with us about 5 years ago and she has dementia. Caring for her is one of the hardest things I have ever done. Not so much the dementia, but the fact that it has made her a different person. My DH mother just passed away on Nov. 3rd., she also had dementia. Every day I have to tell myself that God doesn't give us any more than we can handle.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful poem.

Dave, this brought tears to my eyes. For me, it's a gentle reminder to look at things through my mom's eyes before getting impatient. Thank you for posting it, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom