Because I have to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
I am sending you ALL, love and energy because now and then we are in need of someone to do that for us and sometimes we need love and energy for no apparent reason-so to the entire DC family I wish you all the love and energy I can offer, Vicki
PS I may be losing it a little bit here but, I will get back up- I always do.

I was wondering what the heck that was......
I thought the kitchen was having a power surge :)

I am sending you ALL, love and energy because now and then we are in need of someone to do that for us and sometimes we need love and energy for no apparent reason-so to the entire DC family I wish you all the love and energy I can offer, Vicki
PS I may be losing it a little bit here but, I will get back up- I always do.
Hey sweetpea,
if you need us we are here, just as you are for us..Need a hand? Here's mine..Heed a hug, here ya go {{{{{{Vicky}}}}} It's true we all need some love and energy at time...Yours given today helped me get DH through a visit to see his aunty who is in the process of leaving us..It was sad, but it is as it should be, she is comfortable, aware of us and all her family gathered around...I was able to get him through it and felt glad I could give something back.

kadesma

Here's a hug from me as well, VickiQ (starting to cry).:(

I felt that way last week at the school where I tutor the kids. For seemingly no apparent reason, I just felt kind of sad and unhappy. Maybe I felt depressed.

That is until one of the boys I tutor had cheered me up when he started talking to me about the dollar bill and wanted to play a little game about who's face appears on what bill.

I was staring to feel happy then, but after I played along with him, and when he grabbed me and hugged me, that really made me feel a lot better!

Now I'm kind of sad that I have to wait until Tuesday to read to him again. He really touched my heart with his playfulness and happines!!

I don't have any children of my own, and I wish I did! This little boy makes me feel like a kid all over again! He reminds me of a man whom I took care of when HE HIMSELF was a little boy!!

It's so rewarding to me to be able to tutor small children and help them learn to read!!

Last edited:
Here's a hug from me as well, VickiQ (starting to cry).:(

I felt that way last week at the school where I tutor the kids. For no apparent reason, I just felt kind of sad and unhappy. Maybe I felt depressed.

That is until one of the boys I tutor had cheered me up when he started talking to me about the dollar bill and wanted to play a little game about who's appears on what bill.

I was staring to feel happy then, but after I played along with him, and when he grabbed me and hugged me, that really made me feel a lot better!

Now I'm kind of sad that I have to wait until Tuesday to read to him again. He really touched my heart with his playfulness and happiness!

Wow, around here, the little kids are mostly little brats. A few of them bit me but I think they learnt not to. I think kids just love to tick me off from the moment they see me or I'm always unlucky. One of the reasons why I dislike small kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel so blessed to be part of this DC family, there is always someone here to make us feel better. Bless You VickyQ, for all your kindness, Hugs, prayers and energy are sent to you. Take care sweetie, we are all here for you too as Kades mention.

Thanks Vicki. I'm sending love and hugs back to you. If you need a good "shoulder," I'm just a PM away.

:)Barbara

Wow, around here, the little kids are mostly little brats. A few of them bit me but I think they learnt not to. I think kids just love to tick me off from the moment they see me or I'm always unlucky. One of the reasons why I dislike small kids.

Sometimes they WILL test you to the limit. You must not let them give it to you. They'll want a favor from you soon, and that's when you say; "How did you treat me the other day?" Let them wonder.

Be calm but stern to them and kindly let them know that what they are doing to you is is not acceptable. Put up a defense mechanism and don't let your guard down.

Let them know that if they want respect, they must also give it in return and earn it as well.

Paying it forward ... thank you for your warm thoughts and kindness. You have a great attitude, but are you trying to convince yourself? Take whatever it is one step at a time. Most days I have to remind myself that someone surely has it worse and it somehow gets me by. I'm new and you don't know me, but I am a very good listener if you need an ear or a shoulder.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom