Bed, Bath & Beyond vs. Linens & Things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chave982

Senior Cook
Is there a difference at all between these 2 stores?? I have one of each within 2 miles of my apartment.

I am pretty sure they both do. I know for sure that at least one of them does, but I am 99% sure the other one does too.

If they're both owned by the same company, why the need for 2 different stores, I wonder?

There's a B, B & B within a half mile of Linens 'n Things in my shopping area. Both of these stores accept each other's coupons. Just started doing it this last summer.

The merchandise is nearly identical, with the exception of a few items. B, B & B have a lavender linen spray that I can't get at LNT.

I like them both.

I did not realize they were both owned by the same Co.
They aren't. They are just stiff competition of one another.

BBBY is the stock symbol for Bed, Bath and Beyond. They are ranked 419 on the Forbes 500 list. Linens and Things used to be traded in 2005 but is no longer traded as such. They were bought up by a company called Linens Holding. They are ranked 680 on the Forbes 500. So they aren't one in the same but do accept others' coupons much like Michael's and AC Moore accept each others' coupons.

Last edited:
I prefer BB&B just because their employees seem to be more knowledgable of the products. I shop there for all my kitchen supplies. I used to shop at the Williams-Sonoma nearby, until I realized how overpriced they are!

They aren't. They are just stiff competition of one another.

BBBY is the stock symbol for Bed, Bath and Beyond. They are ranked 419 on the Forbes 500 list. Linens and Things used to be traded in 2005 but is no longer traded as such. They were bought up by a company called Linens Holding. They are ranked 680 on the Forbes 500. So they aren't one in the same but do accept others' coupons much like Michael's and AC Moore accept each others' coupons.
That is what I thought which is why I was confused by what chave982 said about them being owned by the same company.

That is what I thought which is why I was confused by what chave982 said about them being owned by the same company.

Well I was just saying IF they were owned by the same company...I wasn't sure myself.

when a company is willing to take a competitor's coupons, it is often referred to as a loss leader. same goes for the "beat any price" type of sales.

in other words, the store is willing to accept a small loss to encourage customers to come in to the store and hopefully buy other more profitable products, and to create customer loyalty.

I am pretty sure they both do. I know for sure that at least one of them does, but I am 99% sure the other one does too.
Around here, BBB takes Linens & Things coupons, but not the other way around.

As well, the BBB coupons NEVER really expire! and you can use up to four each store visit!

Back
Top Bottom